5000 Hours of Fun, Bugs and Inconsistency

Yikes, that’s a lot of bugs that go unnoticed.

3 Likes

I’m on mobile at the moment, but several of the bugs listed are intentional, or seem to be a misunderstanding. I’ll look at the other bugs though, when I’m not on mobile. :slight_smile:

EDIT:

You should use the contact emails provided on the SDG website, if it’s not something that can be reported here nor on the GitHub repo.

7 Likes

Muchly appreciated Molton!

1 Like

Placing beds on vehicles has been removed in 2018?

1 Like

Yea, placing them attached to vehicles was removed. The bed placement you see in the video is a glitch (only occurs when spamming left click, as the option is only green for a split second) and is not bound to the actual vehicle, but instead is static and just sits, bound to the map.

1 Like

Thanks for your longtime support and the bug reports!

Spam-placing items on vehicles: you raise a good point about it being abusable to easily get a bed into the sky. My guess is that something isn’t reset between frames so a well-timed click allows it to be placed.

Exploit: feel free to email me nelson@smartlydressedgames.com.

Stuck shooting in dead jet: thanks for the video. I will get this fixed for the next patch.

Getting stuck on ledges: annoyingly Unity’s built-in character movement will sometimes decide to go through things, e.g. it was consistently repeatable through the military tent interiors. To prevent this the server checks to make sure your character didn’t go through anything, but sometimes there are false positives like on ledges. The best long-term solution is to replace the built-in movement with something custom for Unturned.

Hotbar attachments: thanks for the video. Will fix for the next patch.

Fire boss attenuation: thanks for the video. Will fix for the next patch.

Hole in the plane: probably same as getting stuck on ledges.

Arrow durability: this one is intentional because arrows and silencers are “balanced” around their durability.

Tree explosive damage: most of the weapons have different damage values for trees and players. Explosive damage falloff is calculated from the pivot point, so trees take a lot more damage from the stump. This should probably be updated, but I am not sure when yet.

Nailgun ammo: will fix.

Planes using battery when idle: will double-check.

Repair fences and barbed wire: off the top of my head it can be finicky because players can shoot through them, but the fences should be repairable on their poles at least.

Tree models: yeah… I have been thinking about simply removing the speedtrees for a while now. The inconsistencies and performance are not worth it

Green skin: made somewhat worse by the fact each map has different terrain colors, so it’s not like a single color can be disabled. Unturned II will only have yellow and real skin colors.

Scope sway: eventually I would like to fully mirror the movement in the scope overlay. This is one of the reasons Unturned II will not have dual-render scopes. https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/Unturned-3.x-Community/issues/1122

Foliage: the rendering performance for GPUs without instancing support is really bad. Maybe in a few years.

22 Likes

This is very epic, and I hope to see these bugs patched soon :>
Also f in the chat for speed trees as I really liked them and could run them well.

yes yes yes yes

8 Likes

yes yES YES YES-

4 Likes

It’s such a buggy game, but I still love it

2 Likes

I actually did not expect a reply from you! I highly appreciate you addressing these features and bugs!
Sometimes its hard to tell whats intended and whats a bug so i just thought I would put them down.

Skybases: I hope this is fixed xd
Fences: Just checked now, you cant repair them even at the poles :confused:
Tree models: Nu Keep speedtrees and remove basic models xd they look so much better.
Planes: Ive only experienced this on one server and cannot replicate this on singleplayer so maybe its not a bug idk.
Green skins: Thanks for adressing, however i still wish they would be removed
Scopes: Thanks for the help! Idk whether you will still respond, but is it intentional to be able to use the home button to get rid of the scope overlay? As was in the end of the scope video?
Foliage: Idrm about this

Again thanks anyway!

The main issue with speedtrees is just that they are not worth the performance hit for what you get most of the time. That being said I like speedtrees WAAAAAAAAYYYY more than the basic trees. For a compromise, I think re-styling the basic trees to look more like speedtrees (like what carpat did with their trees), would be the best idea, but I don’t know if that’s feasible with Nelson’s work schedule.

6 Likes

Rather Interesting find you got there. Good work.

1 Like

What are speed trees?

High quality tree make fan go vrrrrrt.

they are the new tree models that were added a while ago and they have like 10x more faces than a tank which makes them look good by themselves but put into a blocky unturned environment they look as out of place as a high poly gun mod from the workshop

2 Likes

one more achievement…

??
What do you mean
??

Oh yuck those killed my performance, always had to turn them off

1 Like

Yeah they look nice but they kill performance, so no.