A question about the new MOLLE backpack

I was analyzing some clothing items from the unturned II, what got me more attention was the backpack based on molle 2, my question is if there was a system of attachments of extra pockets that increase the capacity of storage as well as the real life, in the 2 trellos, in the blog and in the official wiki and I did not find anything on that respect, only a phrase “buckles and pins” that can have relation with that.

2 Likes

Probably not. Attachments will most likely be limited to weapons, but it could be interesting to see them be expanded to other items.

I would love to see this in this backpack, it makes it even more useful.

Its acctualy the totall oposite, attachmens will be for a lot more things than just wepons, like clothes

1 Like

Bruh, do you even auto-correct?

Me no can spell, or wut u mean?

Brah this 12 day old but I’m saying now that attachments WILL be for everything.

So glad that we’ll be able to attach different labels to tin cans. The camo label really helps with tactical bean application.

2 Likes

Yeah, I personally can’t wait to attach a STANAG Drum to my hockey stick for prolonged long range tactical hockey fights

Seriously though, since when did people think every item would have attachments
2 Likes

Off topic, but it’d be pretty neat if melee weapons were somewhat customizable like firearms (though I don’t know about being to the same extent).

Repairing or making a better grip, adding nails/bolts/metal chunks/barbed wire, or duct taping a knife to a branch for a flimsy but long range weapon. Stuff effecting the speed, reach, and durability of something or it’s components. Wooden weapons being easily maintainable with common materials, while metal weapons would be the opposite and may require tools to fix. That’s probably too much work, but just a thought.

1 Like

They easily can be with the variation system currently in place (which is in effect with all items), but they definitely shouldn’t be via the attachment system.

For instance imagine how bizarre it would be if you sharpened a hockey stick to a point and then you could “de-attach” the sharpening and it’d be a normal hockey stick again

1 Like

What does MOLLE even mean?

Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment

Why not.
Also everything will have the capability to have attachments. Like batteries for toarches.

2 Likes

Sharpness being handled through the variation system isn’t really ideal either. There’s a whole range of different sharpnesses that would be better represented with a number similar to quality* from 3.X, than through the variation system that generates from a select list of colors, patterns, reticles, materials, etc.

*note

The quality stat is commonly known as durability, but technically durability is the stat that determines the degradation of quality.

1 Like

I was referring to the implications of obvious variations, such as studding an improvised mace, or the fact that a hockey stick is obviously a blunt weapon, and the sharpened one would be a clearly distinct variant and not just a value applied to the regular hockey stick. Things that would in U3 be separate items entirely, but don’t need to be separated in the same fashion in UII due to aforementioned variations. It would also allow for some huge room with customization and personalization.

Also, @Mercury keep in mind just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

So is it a system that allowes you to attach diffrent pouches, equipment and attachments to your bag, right?

So just because I can jump down from a roof doesn’t mean that I should do it? :thinking:

Yes

That’s like saying live and dead batteries, maintained and dirty rifles, or brand new and completely shattered armor plates are obviously distinct variants of the same object. You technically could handle any or all of these differences through the variation system, you could even have variants for states between these polar extremes, but that still leaves you with either too few variants to account for how different usage degrades and different maintenance improves these stats at different rates, or with an unwieldy amount of variants that is no better than the unwieldy amount of base items in 3.X.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.