A warning against 'training' experience over 'base' experience systems

It’s the most educated assumption we can make…? Based off evidence of prior versions of the game that do exist compared to guessing what doesn’t even exist yet?

You WILL grind a lot. If you do not have to grind to get the cream of the crop, then whats the point of survival game? Who wants to play a survival game where you can get the best of the best through no effort within an hour or so?

Thats not fun. Theres needs be atleast a little bit more difficulty beyond that, and assuming it will, there will always be elitist cucks who will grind, waste time, waste resources to max out their levels and wreck havoc on everyone.

I hope so? Were you here in early 3.0 when there were NO skills?

Everyone

• Ran at the same speed
  • Regen stamina at the same speed
  • Swam the same speed
  • Jumped the same height
  • Sounded the same
  • Was equally inaccurate
  • Melee’d with equal damage
  • Reloaded at the same speed
  • Used up the same food/water
  • Could cook anything
  • Could craft anything

I want skills to be “OP”, or worth the effort - If they impact gameplay in only miniscule ways, then most people will just ignore them - and then what was the point of adding them?

The problem here that I’m trying to highlight why under a ‘training’ system for gaining EXP it would be awful, grindy, tedious, wasteful, and unfun and only lead to elitist players grinding for them to dominate the server.

You of course, wont have to grind for them. If you dont mind losing.

You have good arguments, but I am far more inclined towards training skills, or even better, having no skills at all. Skills work wonders in RPGs, but they, beyond some passive skills that get improved with ordinary non-intrusive activity, don’t really have a place in survival games.

The only point I see in skills is to actually just give the player a fear of death, if you keep them after death then they make even less sense.

On mechanical skills like crafting, engineering and mechanic, if you are limiting a player’s ability to make/repair something, you might as well limit it by making the player require an item to do it (repair kit/specific parts).

I think that values like running speed,sound,etc. should be more dependent on the items the player has, rather than a character bound quality. Having running shoes will make you run faster than being barefoot.

And yes, I’ve been in the early days of 3.0, in fact, I am here since Steam release of 2.0, so no need for that condescending tone.

Pick all of the ways you think would be appropriate to earn buffs in Unturned II

• Buffs through trainable skills
  • Buffs through purchasable skills
  • Buffs through skill books
  • Buffs through equipped/worn items and their attachments
  • Buffs through consumables/nutrition/medical system
  • Buffs through character classes/skillsets
  • No buffs
  • Null Option (pick this if you voted accidentally)

0 voters

2 Likes

I love democracy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.