About gun maintenance

Weapons currently know how it works, you use the weapon a lot, it gets 5% and with a blowtorch you make it, the principle is good, but what if the weapons get dirty? considered that you will walk with them in swamps to swim in rivers and the sea this makes all the sense, the result of this would be jamming weapons, unturned 4.0 will be focused on PVE and survival I think this is worth it, to clean the weapons that can use maintenance items can be found separately or in a complete kit a quick fix can be the use of a quick “clean” oil useful in shootings.

I was hoping in II it would depends on how damaged the gun is and what gun is it.
For an example, A colt with 99% quality would take 1 metal scrap, 59% would take 2 and so fourth, although we didn’t know if such feature (or how it is in 3.0) would be in II or not.

I think guns should be “80%” more useless underwater all together. I remembered someone suggesting underwater firearm sometime ago, didn’t know how that went.

"4.0 Will be focused on PVE" cliché

Considered the fact that the more common that gun is, the least this feature worth using on it. Comes to think about it, you can just dip all your guns underwater, and using these quick-fix as a stealy wheely, as a way of preventing people from using such gun.

Oh cool, this feature would actually make the gun shops worth looting.
Since you didn’t mention on how rare it is. So, this can go 2 ways, making it rare, or not. Both have their pros and cons.

Make it rare
Pros :

• Kinda realistic.
  • Actually makes this feature worth reconsidering.
  • Those that farmed these can jammed all their higher-tier gun and using it as a locking mechanism.

Cons :

• Make all common guns useless overtime.

Make it common
Pros :

• Not really that much of a pain in the arse if your gun jammed. Still is though.

Cons :

• Jammed, unjammed, jammed, unjammed. Making it a taboo.
  • Blocked the spawnpoints of stuffs that could’ve been something more useful in certain situation.

Also not considered the following statement.
“Oh look, my gun is at 19%, I need a blowtorch to fix it”
“Wait, why doesn’t it work? oh, it doesn’t have any ammo”
“Alright, wait, why is it jammed? and oh look, a newly spawned gun without all these shenanigans.
(kinda reminds me of how frustrating it is to fix a locked, tireless, empty-fuel, battery dried vehicle with 1% health. But hey, it is in the game and noone is complaining about it am I’rite?)

I’m not good at thinking about pros and cons, don’t sued me thanks.

Also not considered the following statement.
“Oh look, my gun is at 19%, I need a blowtorch to fix it”
“Wait, why doesn’t it work? oh, it doesn’t have any ammo”
“Alright, wait, why is it jammed? and oh look, a newly spawned gun without all these shenanigans.”
Okay, but think so, if you keep fixing your guns and finding new ones over time, you’ll have a great arsenal very useful in online mode if someone kills you, you’re reborn in your bed, take a rifle in the arsenal and go to war.

The same can be said in the opposite.

Oh look at my “FN” Unjammed fully loaded 100% rifle that I’ve put in all my day to make it so.
died (Oh look, it’s nitpicking.)

If we considered that the 3.0’s problem of looting still occur here in 4.0, Finding a new gun aren’t really that much of a problem. (Except for sniper rifles, minigun ‘if it’s a thing’, RPG Again, ‘if it’s a thing’, really any high-caliber guns.)

Oh but I say that if it’s still a thing, 4.0 surely going to be a lot better than 3.0 haha yes.
Can’t really pinpointed on this one. Hopes that it is though.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.