About server hosting/creating as a beginner

I would like to start a server. Is it better to start creating a map myself or find something with a workshop? I would like to create a large map and I doubt that I will have enough energy and time for this, what do you think? Is it worth doing this and how much will it take me if I’m in the process of creating I don’t understand practically anything either. Also is it legal if I take something from the workshop and will Strike come from the people who created it?

1 Like

It looks like you accidentally created two topics, so I’ve deleted the other one.

If you’re new to both hosting servers and creating maps (or other custom content) – I strongly recommend just focusing on one or the other! It can be easy to overwhelm yourself with too many new ideas/projects.

If something is posted to the Steam Workshop, then you’re able to subscribe to it. (This includes your multiplayer server.) What you’re not allowed to do is download someone’s mod and then re-upload it to the Steam Workshop as if you made it.

1 Like

i see thank you! i will try creating my own.

1 Like

Unless you ask nicely and they say yes! Read the description, many mods/maps won’t let you reupload it but some creators will let you if you ask or allow anyone to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.