Here are my pointers regarding this
The reputation system in 3 is pretty broken with a few reasons I will mention at the end as well as my own additions. But as of now, I will talk about your suggestion.
-100 rep is not enough for being shot on sight because with each kill, it’s -25 rep. Not to mention the unknown range and detection the bots are gonna have.
Having bots actually follow you around to kill you requires too much extra coding, not to mention that bots either have aimbot, or horrible aim, which in itself requires intense coding.
Im fine with people having good rep getting Decent discounts
Again, follower bots require a lot of coding not to mention that they will either be an easy target or be a fucking bullet proof wall.
Now, I will mention the exact reasoning behind 3’s shitty rep system.
- For someone to be marked as the “aggressor”, he/she has to fire the first shot and that shot has to either HIT or MISS by 4 meters. 4 meters is a horrifying small number to be used as a thershold to determine the aggressor as people could have bad aim. My solution is that if someone aiming right at you and shoots, they are the aggressors. If the shot misses and hits the ground on a 10 meter radius, they are the aggressors. And obviously, if the shot hits, they are the aggressor. If that aggressor is killed, the aggressed will gain +25 rep. And vice versa, if the aggressor wins, they get -25. NOTE: The “aggresor” title will stay with the player for 30 minutes and refreshes whenever they do one of the previously mentioned conditions.
- As mentioned previously, melee combat also applies. And to save Nelson from that extra amount of coding, we can simply apply the same thing to melee combat
- When the agressed is killed (in 3), the system forgets who that player is and thus, if you revenge-kill them, you are counted as the aggressor. A solution to that is that for every person that kills you, they will be on a list (that list is only for you and your group mates) that lasts for [insert specific time here] or till the server restarts.
As for my own suggestions, they will be the following…
- Players with negative to -99 rep will have an increase in price as a fine for the shit they did.
- Players with -100~ -299 rep will not be sold anything and no NPC will interact with them
- Players with -300~ -399 rep will be aimed at by NPC guards (keeping in mind that they have no health bar) and will be shot as soon as they enter the “Safe Zone” (the NPC area)
- Players with -400 rep and below (aka. Assassins) will be on the blacklist. People on the blacklist will have flyers posted on multiple surfaces throughout the map with their names, reps AND LOCATIONS on them. These flyers can be interactable in case of multiple assassins. Now, when I say “Locations” I don’t mean a straightup wallhack for everyone. Here are the conditions:
- If the assassin (himself) enters a city, the flyers will include the name of the city.
- If the assassin has teammates, their names will also be included in the flyers
- If the assassin (himself) exits a city, the flyer will include “last seen in…” with the name of the city.
If a player reaches -100 to -199 rep there will be a bounty on their head, whoever kills them, gets 50% of their rep but as a plus keeping in mind that bandit will get a -5% decrease to their reputation (eg. If with -100 rep and someone kills them, they respawn with -95)
If a player reaches -200 rep or less, their killer will gain 100% of their rep as a plus.
For those good people that share and give, here are my ideas…
- Players with 100 ~ 199 rep will get a 30% discount on all items
- Players with 200 ~ 299 rep will get a 60% discount
- Players with 300 rep and above will get:
Special deals such as rare items that are not even on the buy list (you guys can suggest what can be available. No vehicles tho)
Quests pay 200% more than they originally do
And Parcels openned by these players will have a good chance at spawning Epic loot. (My post on parcels for referance: Random suggestion that won't break the game )