Add option to join Singleplayer worlds with friends

I think Unturned should have the option to join singleplayer worlds of friends. This has been done in many games and I think it would fit unturned too

That won’t happen

That kind of just happened. Server codes will be a thing. Server Codes — Unturned 0.1 documentation (smartlydressedgames.com)
Unfortunately, you’ll still need to run the separate U3DS app, but you can now play with friends with a bit more ease.

Oh that’s pretty cool actually, it’s a shame it requires a seperate application though because that would a lot more unintuitive

Beanz, I…
Yes, the hosting process for listen/LAN servers should be streamlined. Dedis do and should take a modicum of effort tho.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it would likely still be a lot of work to support running the game as a listen server (playing locally and allowing connections from other players). I over-corrected when switching from listen servers (2.x) to dedicated servers in 3.0 - in retrospect it’s unfortunate I didn’t support both back then.

4 Likes

wouldn’t it be easier if in the singleplayer pause menu be an option for the player to open the save to friends ?

1 Like

I don’t think you realize that it wouldn’t just be adding in a button, not with the way 3.X currently works

1 Like

Yes, DeusExMachina is correct, “adding the button” would require listen server support.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.