Adding on to Electronics(coding and failures)

This post is adding more onto @Codian post. Electric systems, computers and base management my idea is to have coding for electronics like cameras and sentries. All you need is a host like a computer or a laptop and wires connecting those electronics to the mainframe, the computer. To code your electronics, you need to open a program called CMD in the mainframe. In CMD it will show your devices connected to the mainframe. You can also make sets to make it easier to code. An example would be having your cameras as 1 set, and your sentries as another set. With CMD you can make the devices automatically do actions like rotating, give warning messages, follow the moving entity, and auto turn on with Motion Detection. Here are some lines of example codes i created.
Camera Set 1

Rotate: ("90, 180"), ("90,180") The first set of numbers represents the min and max of the x value, and the second set of numbers represent the min and max of the y value.

Motion Detection

Warn("leave this area now") This is the warning message

Sentry Set 1

("Kill on Sight") This line represents hostility. For friendlier sentries, it will say: ("Neutral")

Rotate: ("90, 180"), ("90,180")

("Track Entity("player")

The mainframe will also tell if a thing has a failure like for example:
Sentry one: No connection This error message tells you that the wire may have been pulled or cut.

Sentry one: System Failure This error message tells you that it may have been tampered with.

Can not read line 43: Rotate: (90, 180), (90,180) This error message tells you a line of code is written wrong.
That’s all i have for now.

• Sounds good
  • Pretty bad

0 voters

2 Likes

It really depends on how this is executed. It could go both ways.

That said, this is a pretty original idea and I like it.

1 Like

A run down version of LUA could probably work well, I remember that from ComputerCraft in Minecraft, it was pretty easy to code with it, and could go pretty advanced. That should be how it works in II. It could also be good to have templates for code as well, for people who don’t like effort.

Yeah, that could actually work. To make things easier, CMDs can have like autofill or smthn to make writing code easier.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.