Addressing Recent Discussions on the Forum

Hey, everyone.

I just wanted to address some recent discussions on the SDG Forum. The two discussions being: the censored word blocklist, and the exposing of a forum member’s behavior outside of the community.

User behavior outside the SDG Forum

Generally speaking, we do not punish users for inappropriate behavior that happens on external communities like Twitter, and when those users do not represent the Unturned community in any official or semi-official capacity. When it comes to Steam Discussion bans specifically, these users have historically always been banned exclusively for behavior that occurs on Steam itself.

The post does mention a few traits about the user that may be perceived as making them more noteworthy than others in the community. For example – having some of the more exclusive cosmetic items, such as the Offbrand Hoodie or a beret.

As far as having Steam Economy items that may be perceived as making a user “noteworthy”, and trying to have these items removed from a user, I personally suggest contacting Nelson directly if you feel strongly about a particular user having such items. It should be noted, however, that removing an item from someone’s Steam Inventory is an extreme avenue.

Censored words blocklist

The word blocklist is a very recent addition to the site, which follows up on an earlier promise from this year, which was to introduce additional moderation tools (among other things) to better inform or prevent users from breaking rules. It is also a follow-up to a couple other recent topics, such as ensuring the safety of younger users on the site, and reducing hateful speech.

The list only currently has a handful of words in it, as its implementation is being workshopped. The blocklist the forum currently uses, is a shorter version of the list used by the Unturned game. Due to its “work-in-progress” and partially-integrated state, there hasn’t been an official “Forum Update” post that details the blocklist yet.

Additionally, no posts/topics have been moderated retroactively over words on the blocklist, as the current word list is not final and it does not currently make sense for us to consider deleting older posts until the word list is final.

Next “Forum Update” post

More information regarding the blocklist planned for the next official “Forum Update” post. Since it has already been discovered, feel free to discuss your thoughts on a word blocklist in #meta:forum. Note that spamming, netiquette violations, disruptive or hateful conduct, etc. will still be moderated as such.

22 Likes

That’s some fine work molton.

4 Likes

Molton doing the true Blietzkrieg speed moderation

1 Like

wher eis my wife

Alright I’m quiting. The community has become way too toxic to enjoy anymore. If people are going to basically start harassing Nelson to punish someone for being a human being, I’m out.

You know who you are and what you’ve done, it’s pathetic.

Have a nice life y’all.

10 Likes

O,O
Its a toxic community but I dont think it was that persons fault O,O

1 Like

No it was there fault
Dragon lost his off-brand hoodie cause he kept spamming nelson

Edit:
Nelson has debunked this claim

Like I said in the thread it just seemed sus considering the proximity of these events

1 Like

@.@ bwaa! ;^; me pukey cry

1 Like

nooooooooo

1 Like

No, it’s not happened which you have shared. That was some other thing,

Have a nice life… I salute thee.

1 Like

gonna make me cry😔

Holy moly you guys are fucking sad, I dont want to be part of this community anymore.

1 Like

I feel you. At this point all that is keeping me going is spite.
This is just sad.

1 Like

sorry man, didn’t mean to be born

6 Likes

GUYS HE SAID THE FUNNY WORD :flushed: HE SAID THE AMOGUS WORD GUYS GUYS THE AMONG US WORD FROM THE BEST SELLER AMONGUS GUYS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT

2 Likes