Advanced medical

This ties in with my hunger post so read that aswell please.

I think instead of healing items actually healing your health bar, most items will just treat wounds and allow healing.
Bandages
Used to stop bleeding and protect wounds to an extent form comming worse injury’s. Bandages would have to be applied to the wounded area individually, some big wounds would require more bandages and good doctors could use less bandages and get a better quality treatment. Bandages could get dirt after time when they are used and may need changing for effective treatments and prevention of infection.
Antiseptics
Applied to open wounds to decrease infection chance, could be found in medical kits and pharmacy’s, if desperate alcoholics would work in a pinch.
Important for effective treatment and stopping infections.
Medicines
Medicine would be used to treat specific symptoms and sickness, some can be widely used for a lesser affect. Antibiotics would be used to treat infected wounds, if a wound is too infected then it will begin to take down you total immunity and you would soon die. Treating an infection takes time and loads of medication so prevention is better than treatment.
Pain relief is another thing as pain can make aiming, fighting and everything harder. Alcohol can work aswell but can make you drunk having its own problems.
Total Health
Your medical tab would show your body and where injuries are, clicking on them and dragging your medical items to them would treat them, good doctors can quickly treat wounds while poor doctors will take longer and have less… favourable results. Medical items won’t heal you health your overall condition like food and water will as long as wounds are all treated correctly, natural healing is faster and more reliable aswell insteed of never being used in 3 because it’s to long and unaffective. Poor diet will decrease natural healing aswell.

Other ailments
Food poisoning would occur from bad food and poor diet. It makes the player slower and do things slower and even occasionally vomit with little warning no treatment expect waiting as this won’t kill you but will give you a stomachache.
Radiation sickness could occur form exposure to radiation for an extended time without protection. It would make you vomit and decrease healing and total wellbeing, can be lethal if unlucky and treatment options are very rare.
Frostbite and hyperthermia can happen form being out in the cold for to long unprotected, they would decrease dexterity and movement and can kill if not warmed up. Treatment is keeping warm for some time. My final post on advanced things will be about tempture and climate which will affect this.

Leave any suggestions down in the comments. This is just first aid like stuff, I don’t think serious desises would be a thing, or only random occurrences that can be treated by medicine.

Multiplayer
External aid is much for effective and players can be “downed” form to much pain or injury, when downed they can do very little first aid (enough to probably save themselves if not killed by zombies). Having a doctor on your team would be important as quick battle healing wouldn’t be a thing, except prehaps adrenaline which can counter pain problems quickly, and other not irl medical things like med stirs could be a rare quick stabliser for injuries.

The last thing to remember is that having multiple condition stats would be realistic and better for a survival game than just one health bar and radiation bar, everyone try’s to make there post off of unturned 3 but 4 will be new.

Sorry, but I did it better.

Btw sorry I posted it early by mistake before i finished it.

Cool, I was also inspired by the long dark and project zombid game.
Thanks for linking your old post so it can get more attention.
Btw don’t mind if I add frostbite, food poisoning and radiation do you. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.