Air physics, Helicopter suggestion

This is what I’m disagreeing with. The air is breathable.

You believe that air that causes hypoxia is fit for breathing?

I mean, you’re the one who said that chlorine gas is breathable.

1 Like

I did not. I said it is possible to breath it, which is true. It will kill you and is not fit for breathing.

We’re straying from the topic here. Let’s just say that high altitudes aren’t good for you and leave it at that.

As for whether thin air is breathable or not, well, let’s just agree to disagree.

1 Like

Hell they could of brought oxygen tanks

1 Like

Oxygen tanks should be required for high altitudes. It’s as simple as that.

Our survivor isn’t a world class mountain climber, nor a free diver with a 500 ton lung capacity.

Hypoxia itself may not be fatal, but it is still incredibly dangerous and also directly leads to other conditions which are fatal, such as high altitude pulmonary edema.

8 Likes

Flying vehicles should be able to go high but after a certain point suffer damage every so often. Most of these damages should be able to be repaired and should hinder the vehicle in some way. Fatal damages would have to be repaired immediately or the vehicle would suffer and would plummet to the ground exploding and killing its passengers. The chance of damage occurring would increase the further up the vehicle is as well as how severe the damage is.

In my opinion it doesn’t really matter whether the flight ceiling of a vehicle would realistically be high enough to make you out of breath, make your judgement clouded, make you pass out, or even make you suffocate, or how quickly it would do so. The ingame height where any or all of these apply doesn’t necessarily reflect reality, and these height would still be safe enough with breathing equipment or strong lungs that other limitations would be relevant. The reason I would support OP is because it would potentially allow for more differtiation between vehicles, better indication of when the flight ceiling is being approached, and better interaction between weather, terrain, and vehicles, when compared to only using the top of the world as a flight ceiling. Cryptogram’s suggestion only would work for one, maybe two of those, and would also be a pain in the ass.

Edit: I took too long, and not one but two people beat me to the punch on that part about breathing equipment.

2 Likes

I’m not too sure how I feel about this, especially since I feel like it’s already a bit silly that you run out of oxygen at a fairly small height in 3.0 already.
I’m hoping for overall better helicopter mechanics and balancing to make them hard to get working and hard to maintain but solid and useful vehicles, rather than arbitrary height restrictions. Maybe on maps with really tall mountains? I wouldn’t have any issues with that, I suppose.

I guess we’ll just have to see how high maps are in II.

1 Like

We already have an arbitrary height restriction, and so do most games. What’s being suggested is that it should be easier to keep your helicopter up off the ground, but harder to bring it up to where that flight ceiling is.

3 Likes

First off, What is Redcomm’s major malfunction?

Back to topic, I don’t have any real issues this idea. It would be better than just hitting an invisible wall, I guess. It’s one of those things where I’d need to see it in-game before forming an opinion.

5 Likes

What’s my malfunction?

Hmmmm. Yes.

Maybe when your diving skill is maxed?

That would actaully relate quite well

You and RedComm should get a room, smh

1 Like

Honestly I wish I could get a nice comfy room. A warm place where I can… Ever rest

2 Likes

RedComm is only person on Planet Earth who would argue that thin air is breathable lmao

1 Like

I argued that it was breathable.

1 Like

Does that count as a double negative? In any case it’s worded rather awkwardly, and I don’t blame Redcomm for interpreting it backwards.

4 Likes