Airdrop speed

The care packages drop way too fast. Please make them drop slower to give players that are further away a chance at PvP. I was on Russia just now in Moscow, I hear the plane and I see it drop around Zavod, it’s behind the tree line by the time I get out of the city. Also make them easier to find so this event isn’t luck based. (I suggest making them drop half as fast as they drop now, if not less than that)

There’s a pro and a con to that proposal.

The Pro: Everyone will be able to follow it and find it.
The Con: Everyone will be going for it… now try to get it and make it back home safely.

1 Like

I think that’s the whole idea. I personally think a config option would be best here.

1 Like

theres already an option for this

4 Likes

Yes both the “Con” and the “Pro” are what I would like from this event. Get the loot, try to make it home alive, that’s a PvP event.

But the option isn’t enabled in vanilla, it should be. This problem is only really an issue in vanilla servers, most vanilla servers do not tweak the gameplay through these options.

agreed, the default value should defo be changed to be slower

4 Likes

I’d say thar the setting must be map-specific. Slower on bigger maps, faster on smaller maps. The current situation on maps like PEI allow people to get over the half of the map during the drop falling down slowly, which means that the ones who have the guns will just get more guns, but people who need at least some weapons won’t get any. The event is rare enough anyway.

1 Like

“Also, make them easier to find so it isn’t luck based” - the airdrop falls only at specified locations. There are maps for this in Steam. However, extending the duration of the red flare effect by a bit might be really useful on large maps like Russia, as some drop locations are a little confusing.

Yeah the red flare doesn’t stay long enough for it to really have a impact especially on Russia I can’t count how many times it hasn’t helped me. Only in a blizzard it helped me even then it’s hard to miss the large box in the blizzard. Extending it would help but I think also making it large enough that you can see it above the treeline would really help.

1 Like

I swear the default used to be slower before, I might just be in nostalgia goggles though

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.