Ammo calibers and how Nelson wants to improve the survival aspect of the game

If he just adds the Matamorez in 9×39 mm, it would fall into the same rut it did in 3.X, it uses rare ammo, that isn’t interchangeable with any other gun. In addition to that, each cartridge of 9×39 mm is fairly large and heavy. If there isn’t a more versatile gun that also chambers 9×39 mm people won’t pickup the gun or it’s ammunition.

If he just adds the Matamorez in 9×39 mm, it would fall into the same rut it did in 3.X, it uses rare ammo, that isn’t interchangeable with any other gun.

You could say that about so many weapons in the game that your complaint is utter nonsense.

In addition to that, each cartridge of 9×39 mm is fairly large and heavy. If there isn’t a more versatile gun that also chambers 9×39 mm people won’t pickup the gun or it’s ammunition.

People use the Grizzly and it’s not versatile at all. What’s your point?

1 Like

People use the Grizzly because it does extremely high damage per shot, the Matamorez doesn’t.

yes, but the point was that people will still use rare weapons if they’re not trash. 3.0’s matamorez? is trash.

The Matamorez of 4.X will be trash unless in all but two cases, it’s ammunition becomes more versatile, or it is balanced in a fictitious manner.

it is balanced in a fictitious manner.

except it’s already poorly balanced in a fictitious manner. if anything, making it more like it’s real life variant would make it better.

It’s real life equivalent uses the same cartridge as several other guns, which is part of what makes it a viable weapon.

…No? That’s not what makes the VSS viable at all. The VSS was used because it was quiet, it hurt like hell, it was relatively light and compact for a sniper rifle, and it could be taken apart and carried around in something inconspicuous like a suitcase. The round was just used in other weapons probably because it’s a good round.

I didn’t say it was the only reason it was used, almost nothing is done for just one reason.
And the term sniper rifle is really vague.

Except that’s not really a reason it was used at all. Speaking of reasons it was used - it could fire 700 RPM in full auto. That’s another pretty good reason.

And the term sniper rifle is really vague.

The Russians called and used it like a sniper rifle, so I’ll call it a sniper rifle. Problem?

The Russians used an English term?
“Sniper rifle” is a term that can mean many things, because it’s role is not as well defined or constant as an antimateriel rifle, or designated marksman’s rifle, but how do you define it?

Well they obviously used the Russian equivalent of the term. I’m not going to go on Google to sate your linguistical boner.

how do you define it?

Christ, I’ve just realized your entire shtick is tangents. This is an attempt at a tangent off a tangent off another bloody tangent.

Stop it.

1 Like

If you don’t want to talk, than just don’t respond.

“VSS Vintorez” literally translates to “Special Sniper Rifle” nicknamed the “Thread Cutter”.

1. The VSS Vintorez is literally classified by the Russians as a Vintovka Snayperskaya Spetsialnaya, or “Special Sniper Rifle”.

2. You’ve literally spent far too long detracting from the original conversation by creating other sub-points that clutter the original discussion at hand.

3. You don’t tell someone who disagrees with you to just “not respond”. That alone tells me (and everyone else in this community) what kind of person you are - clearly one who is detrimental to useful discussion which this forum has been designed for.

Please, if you’re going to make a stand, at least do so correctly.

4 Likes

We did change topics but that’s the nature of normal conversation. He didn’t make any attempt to go back to any earlier topic. I would have been fine going back to any earlier point. I didn’t tell him not to respond because I disagree, I told him not to respond if he didn’t want to continue the conversation. The word with the closest etymological root, isn’t always a direct translation, and phrase by phrase translations generally make more sense than word by word.

“timberwolf is 50cal”

oh my god do you even google my guy?

Maybe he meant the Grizzly?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.