Ammunition types

Realistic, Hardcore or Simulation? YES.

Hard to learn and blaming myself about my stupidity and get enlightened? YES.

1 Like

It think the full dimensions should be there and different ammo types at least some variants would make gun customization even deeper by using an ammo type for any special role. Nelson has mentioned different quality of ammunition and that some different ammo types will be added (with the part with different types in a single mag would be possible) so there will (I hope) be more then the simple military ammo types in 3.x

2 Likes

What do you mean?
The Snayperskya used Ranger Ammo, same as the Zubeknakov, and those are two completely different calibers, but the Schofield, which uses the same ammo irl as the Snayperskya, uses a different ammunition box?

His point is that the 3.X system doesn’t even pretend to make sense. It’s based entirely around in-game balancing, which is better (atleast in his opinion) than say, grouping cartridges by caliber, but not as good as separating each cartridge. @Whistleblower can correct me if I’m misinterpreting anything.

1 Like

yeah that was basically my point

1 Like

My point is by changing different types of cartridges you can change the ballistics of each weapon.

War Thunder intensifies

1 Like

SO MUCH FREEEEDOM

1 Like

FREEEEDOM

it ain’t freedom without an eagle and JFJ

1 Like

What just happened? Is any of this on-topic anymore?

1 Like

Whenever anything gun related is bought up you can expect the comments to be off topic.

1 Like

Having more ammo variants for the same calibre would be actually pretty immersive, as it would make reaching the end of the end game postponed off a bit. Also, I really think that most of the players are capable of learning the ammo nomenclature and calibres with just a small amount of work. Also, a way for Nelson to have all the calibres of the same bullet width but different casing lengths like (7.62x39mm,7.62x51mm,7.62x54mm) by colour coding the ammo crates and stuff to make it easier to remember for players who are not capable of memorizing them. The downside of having the systems kept simple is definitely the loss of the learning curve in the game, which is one of the fun parts.

1 Like

i totally agree with you!

Or just simply: AP, T, I, HE, F, and other stuffs.
But I like your idea.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.