Amputating limbs/body parts from players and zombies

if another player cuts you on the joins of your limbs those limbs can fall off(if the too is strong enough for the players case) or get infected by a zombie and you have to amputate them. limbs wont grow back and you would have to put up with it like a real survival. obviously when a limb gets chopped off you will only be able to use 1 hand and also you will bleed out if you don’t use a med-kit or bandage on it. if both limbs get chopped of then you will have to rely on another player to heal you.

i think this would actually encourage players to not just run a a horde of zombies as they can easily loses limbs and if they loose a leg for example then they wont be able to get away and will lose there loot. obviously the limbs wont grow back over time and the only way to get limbs back would be suicide but then you would loose loot.

i was thinking that a way to put up with loosing limbs would be to gain bionic limbs from a research laboratory or something but i think that’s going a bit overboard however i really like the idea of survivors running around with bionic limbs.

another thing that you could loose would be eyes so you would weaken your vision or not be able to see at all however i’m pretty sure being stabbed in the head would be fatal anyway. this also benefits the player as when fighting zombies players could easily go for decapitation to kill of zombies or striking as the limbs to demobilise it

overall i think this is a really good idea and adds to the zombie survival and will encourage players to be more stealthy and cautious and travel in groups which would also fix the kill on sight problem.

1 Like

okay so, this would be WAYYYYY TOOO HARRD for nelson to do, i mean the limb removal part is kinda easy, but the activites that get limited by that is huge, if you lose a arm, nelson will have to recode everything from planting seeds,driving,holding guns,bows,melee,swimming etc. Which would be way too much and honestly just make the game more boring imo. Reason why not a lot of survival games have this feature.

Bionic limbs sounds kinda wonky for unturned, especially considering 4.x is gonna be the real unturned, the survival one, i just think bionic arms would break immersion and stuff.

tbh, the KOS problem can never be fixed, the only way to fix it is by having a better, more mature community and to get that, put a price tag on unturned and take other measures to prevent 9y/os from playing it. However random people grouping up to loot a town and fend off hordes of the undead just for loots sake is something i would love to see in vanilla servers.

3 Likes

Nah. This seems far complex and crippling for a game like Unturned. Basically getting in any sort of scuffle, with Zombies or Players, would result in a limb or body part being lost, and in all honesty this one of the worst (not) thought-out ideas I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

i was thinking that driving would not even be possible if you have 1 arm. like if your dominant hand is cut off then you cant drive but if your weaker hand is cut off driving will just be the same. same with using tools. obviously this means that you cant really do much without your dominant hand but i was also thinking that kicking would be a good feature like kicking a zombie would push it back and if you increase your power hit skill enough a kick could push someone to the ground or kick zombies back into hordes giving you time to escape.

I don’t see how that would be hard to code just a simple if statement and some copy and paste right? as you dont really have to add any new features to a character if they loose a hand/leg as they either can drive or not or either can walk or they are permanently crawling etc. also i have to agree with the bionic limbs thing it was just a fun little idea i had when writing this up.

well i did think it out actually so you don’t have to be a dick about it

I like the idea of dismembering zombies, since their flesh and bones are decayed and weak. I do not like the idea of dismembering players, as it complicates things way too much.

3 Likes

agreed, would love to keep a few armless zombies around like michonne :wink:

1 Like

Let’s keep it pg-13 :smiley:

For zombies? Sure.

For players? I can’t stress how bad of an idea that is. Let’s just leave it at that.

1 Like

I have a feeling that this guy wrote this for some sick reason.

It’s not that easy at all. At All.

1 Like

Can I eat the limbs?
XD

I don’t really think dismemberment should be in Unturned, for either zombies or players.

It just doesn’t really fit. Even if 4.0 is much darker and grittier than what we expect, it’d still look weird just because how things look. It’s like gore in Minecraft, it’s just not really meant to be. I mean gunshot wounds might be acceptable, depending on how it looks. But fighting stumpy zombies which already look fairly stumpy would be pretty awkward.

Though if it’s a optional feature then I guess I wouldn’t really care too much.

̶P̶l̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶’̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶d̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶.̶
̶C̶h̶r̶i̶s̶t̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶n̶v̶i̶r̶o̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶
̶B̶i̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶.̶

dude its a zombie game like really? some sick reason? i just want to kill zombies and players more realistically but in unturned. if your not gonna say anything constructive then don’t comment

true(i need 10 characters to comment so yeah)

I can get behind this for Zombies, cutting off their limbs could certainly make melee combat, an area currently rather bland, more satisfying. Having visual feedback in regards to zombie health in general would be nice (caved in heads, broken arms, changes in posture?)

However, for players I agree that this would make no sense. Lets be honest, a large portion of the players would just kill themselves soon after getting limbs cut off just to respawn with a whole body. Of course, this could depend on the difficulty of the game and all, Im just looking at it like 3.0.

yeahh definitely not a good idea for a game rated +6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.