An Actually (Non)Decent Topic on Crafting Timers

the poll’s more biased than the Discord mods, for violet sake lad

10 Likes

Just a concept

There’s no reason not to do it… Unturned is going to be a survival game not pvp

shrug the literal only reasons anyone has against crafting timers is “waste of time” and “needing resources to craft is already a barrier enough”

Let not forget to mention that you literally can craft what you want with still not very much time needed to do it.

Once again, UII is going to be a survival game, not a pvp fest where you can craft whatever you need to win a pvp fight in an instant.

Crafting timers would be better for the game overall, whether or not you guys like it.

Also, heres a reminder…

The ONLY real reason people have said to not put it ingame is that its “A waste of time” All that tells everyone is that you are so impatient that you cant wait 30 seconds to get plenty of arrows or ammo.

Oh, heres another great reason for crafting timers that harvest mentioned…

If you accidentally craft an item, you can actually cancel the craft before it is complete, which is impossible for instant crafting

As Renaxon said, why is the player given penalties for crafting more items at once? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have a base crafting time, say 1 second for 1 arrow, and have a “bulk discount” when crafting more items, like say 3 seconds for 5 arrows?

1 Like

I dunno. Also, you arent given penalties, literally it takes like half a second per arrow.(other than what you are suggesting) that adds up, and it shows the total time left till all of the arrows are finished crafting.

(I didnt actually add it up properly ofc, so the arrows thing isnt entirely accurate)

This just seems like you want people not to craft anything because making it a waste of time like this would be really damn discouraging. Just because its a survival game doesnt mean we need to have crafting times, this train of logic just doesnt make sense to me. 1 there is still gonna be pvp and 2 how does it not being a “pvp game” make crafting timers a good addition.

No, not it isnt, the only point you keep bringing up is being able to craft something to

but when have you EVER crafted something to win a fight? maybe medical supply but thats about i.

this is the one “advantage” i can somewhat see where you are coming from but you do know that unturned 4 doesnt have ammo crafting like in 3.0? you refill magizines in the gun inspect menu now, this point is null.

having to wait while something crafts doesnt make the game more fun in any way shape or form, whats fun about watching a timer tick down?

rEaLiSm

and how does it do this?

This whole post and that poll are just so dumb its extremely biased and youre talking as if your stance is 100% correct and everyone is just dumb. Theres really no room to discuss if every point is just gonna be shut down by “THERES NO REASON NOT TO DO IT, SURVIVAL GAME THIS IS GONNA NOT BE PVP BUT SURVIVAL” which is just plain stupid.

3 Likes

hmmmm… lets remember that someone may have decided to bring military crates… say the guy with military crates runs out of ammo, and is cornered… he hides behind a tree, and refills every clip. The guy whose attacking him thinks hes out of ammo, and runs up to find a guy with more ammo than him all the sudden. Timers would remove this, as it would give the guy enough time to kill the guy before he crafts more ammo. (yes, this is pvp based but its still valid)

I said in some way as I consider it fun from my experience with 7D2D

Did you miss that?

I havent been saying that as a full on reason, just mentioned it.

IF you actually want to read a debate on it that I had with someone else, read this

just go read through there a bit

I dont like the idea of timers. They slow down the paste of the gameplay and are in most cases just annoying. I dont think they should be added purely because iTs GoInG tO bE sUrViVal nOt pVp . It might be survival but the pvp aspect will always remain to a certain extend. Which is good. Dont punish players for crafting, its just annoying and a waste of time really.

3 Likes

Do you people see this and not ANY other reasoning?

And it doesnt punish players, read the post again please.

REMINDER: YOU CAN LITERALLY DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WHILE THEY CRAFT, THIS DOESNT REALLY INCONVENIENCE YOU IN ANY WAY

Im seriously starting to think you guys dont know what I mean with that.

what are you serious, are you actually serious, how is the ability to do things while crafting make the game more fun.

AGAIN

this is nOT VAILD because

and to qoute you, Did you miss that?
Maybe read the post again.

1 Like

Yes, it does punish players, especially with the way you suggested it. Creating bases would be such an endeavor, it would only benefit massive groups which could split up crafting.

And yeah if your only reasoning is that it’s survival game (or that you like it in 7DTD, but you can’t seem to bring what exactly about it, because you seem to ignored that part in my previous reply and also didn’t want to explain in any other), people will bring up that pvp will also be present.

I don’t want my game to become a chore, I want to have fun. Not needlessly spend time on crafting.

2 Likes

Ohhh I dunno, perhaps maybe the fact that you can HAVE FUN PLAYING THE GAME WHILE STUFF CRAFTS?

Did I miss that? no.

SO your saying like 1 or 2 minutes is such a large inconvenience that people who arent in a large group wouldnt be benefited??? What?

Also, I mentioned 1-2 minutes based ont he assumption that it would take a lot to build a base. If it doesnt take as much to build it, lower the timer, I dont care. Im giving examples, not fact.

YOu can do this without the timer aswell you know, Your just adding an extra layer.

then why did you ignore it completely and then proceed to provide and example that my point already disproved.

1 Like

Tell me, do you enjoy crafting everything you need in an instant, or do you enjoy it taking a second or two.

You guys say that my only reason for it not being ingame is “Its going to be survival not pvp”

But you guys have only presented that it would be a waste of time, and a few features in a game that literally has next to nothing yet.

The game is still in its phase where it will change a lot. Im not going to change entire decisions ideas based on what is in a game thats only like 1/20th done

instant, i enjoy optimizing my type. In rust (a game with crafting timers) me and my boys would just spilt up the materials and craft things while we take shits or something. It adds nothing but a timer wall to gameplay

2 Likes

Those are your opinions which is fine, but saying its a fact by adding it to ‘advantages’ isnt right.

I dont know how much I would tilt if I had to wait for a minute to refill my ammo when at the same time theres a randolph with 10 hours in the game rushing and killing me because I couldnt do anything.

Here we go again…

When working on your base, you would still have to wait for everything to be ready before leaving it again and doing something else like looting or hunting. It technically would let you do whatever you want, yes. However in theory it would still mean that you had to wait untill everything is crafted.

if timers would be added, then just with a few seconds for each action. It shouldnt take minutes to get soething ready unless its maybe a rifle or something major. Base building shouldnt have a timer at all, you dont want people not to build a base because it takes up their time do you?

1 Like

You know, it is faster if you split up the making of an item in rl… Why do you think we have factories…

Also, you still are presenting the same damn argument. Over, and over, and ove, and over, and over

Side note: crafting timers might make nelsons “factorio style crafting system” more possible. Why would it make sense that a machine set up for crafting would take time, when its faster to do it yourself?

Alright, AJ, you’re not making this better for yourself. At this point you’re just repeating the same points over and over again, and like others have said your points happen to revolve around either “you can still have fun while stuff crafts,” or “makes it feel more like a survival game.”

Now, personally I don’t have a problem with crafting timers, nor would I be too mad if they didn’t make it into the game, but to be honest you’re not really selling it to me right now.

Think about the implications of a mechanic like this. Would you personally be mad if you lost a fight because there was three seconds left on a crafting timer? Would you be mad if you lost a raid defense because there was still five seconds left on a spare wall you were crafting?

Now, balance out what people might not like about a timer, and come up with an argument that counters theirs. Sell it to me in a way that I will want it.

2 Likes

Ive repeated the same points because…

People provide their counter arguments, I provide my own, then they provide the same arguments, then I provide the same and my own.

Its an endless damn cycle. Sure, people showed different reasons occasionally and I tried to address them. Im sorry if it seemed like I was still saying the same thing.

Now on to the rest of your reply

Not really, I would be punished for not planning accordingly.

Heres what I’ll say to the last part

Not only does it make factories viable (Like how nelson mentioned he wanted something like factorio), and as I said before (And I point I forgot to mention in the post) it punishes you for not planning accordingly. Sure, it may take some time and be rather annoying to some people, But if you
accidentally craft something (Such as a gun or vehicle) you have time to cancel it, rather than being screwed over for an accident. It also adds a minimal amount of realism for those who are concerned about it.

Also, you could split the materials among multiple people to craft stuff faster sure, but it actually makes sense, as if you had multiple people working on making something you could make multiple of those often.

For some people (Like myself) it makes the game more interesting, while for others it feels like it ruins the game.

You’d make a terrible used car salesman.

But at least your points are valid.