Balancing trunk storage in 4.0

Sentries would be a nightmare.

Obviously, the majority of the community is aware of these problems. However, in order to provide context in this suggestion, I feel it necessary to reiterate, just as a politician may state the axioms of his party’s beliefs at the beginning of a debate.

Now, as to your statement about cars, you are correct. Cars are very valuable in-game currently, but in 4.0 I certainly hope that fuel will be rarer, cars will be harder to repair and take more damage from the turned. Even now, a police car or fire truck can be worn down in seconds by a sizeable horde, not to mention that their storage is about 20 slots. Less than my thief shirt. I agree that cars shouldn’t be the most important thing in the game. But remember, in 4.0, there will be an expanded emphasis on survival and natural resources. A car may be useful, but it won’t stop you from starving to death.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Cars should not be as storage efficient as lockers, of course, lest we get a situation like the fuel tank one in 3.0, where a motorcycle holds as much as a fuel tank, despite being far smaller. Vehicles in general, however, are going to be superior to walking as a form of transportation, and probably by a massive margin. However, the rarity of fuel and vehicles in general should make taking a car into a danger zone much, much riskier and thus make cars somewhat less overpowered. Also, remember that some zombies (Mega, spitter, fire, and boss) are very dangerous against even high-end vehicles. If we se turned more like that in 4.0, we could be looking at a large balance for cars.

1 Like

On a 40x loot /tpa /vault /kit /saveload server, with current sentry mechanics, yes. On a singleplayer world or normal server, with rare guns and sentries, the risk would counterbalance the effectiveness. (Imagine if you spent an hours grinding for sentries but then someone shot up your car and took them. You would have to question whether it’s worth the risk)

1 Like

Effectiveness of bullets against vehicles can easily be modified, considering II has pretty flexible codes as far as we’ve seen. So cars can have the ability to have their own hitboxes. Damage multipliers can be applied on the damage dealt to cars based on what is damaging it. Bullets amd melee weapons can do lower damage. While crashing into structures or getting hit by the Turned would cause more damage. This is the good part about having a seperate game from 3.0, because now, Nelson has more control over the game than the prior

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.