Better Anti-Cheat

BE would be capable of HWID bans. Those too can be circumvented and saldy are not the be all end all. Also the cheat being “public” (on Youtube) does not mean BE should be able to eaisly detect it. No offense but you seem to know little to nothing about the actual work that the anti-cheat does.

Ah that is actually a very good point. But tbh one thing that would really supplement what you said is making Unturned cost like $10, or at least make the base game of Unturned Free but access to official servers is paid. This would likely deter a lot of cheaters.

It’s literally what has been planned.

3 Likes

Adding onto this! If you want to post any suggestions and are hesitant because you think its probably already going to be added view the trellos! Links here: Roadmap and Wishlist

Hahaha Lets say i dont know how anti-cheat works :wink:
Please can you explain to me how its works :rofl:

Yeah nelson will make the game free to play
But the offical server you have to pay for it 10$ or 15$

There are better resources out ther than me, go edcuate yourself.

Well thats an answer for me
Next time just say i dont have any Knowledge about programming or how anti-cheats works :rofl:
Dont try to be a smart boy :nerd_face: :rofl:

Problem is, I do.
I am not a professional programmaer by any strecth of the imagination, but I go the basics.
You quite literally said

so I rest my case. Glass hosue and all that.
BE is far from the be all end all, but BE not decteing thos is not due to the underlying software being shit but rather just lazy maintenance. It is also not implemented terribly well into 3.X, since BE does support HWID bans but we sadly don’t have them in the agme. Sure you can always get around that but it just makes it a little harder and at the end of the day that is what you want.

I’d wager it’s not BE but rather EAC. What makes you think BE us superior to EAC?

1 Like

BE is harder to bypass than EAC idk if its just for me or not but other cheats devs agree with it
However i see that bypassing EAC is easy both acutally EAC and BE Easy to bypass if you know what you are doing but i spent much time bypassing BE on DayZ/ArmA3 than Bypassing EAC in Rust/Squad
I Respect your point :+1: but implement BE with hwid bans and you will see huge difference in UII
However you can bypass HWID Bans using hwidspoofer but not anyone can make HWIDSpoofer or afford one :sweat_smile:

Porlly is. I’d say show your process but then you’d open yourslef up for all sorts of shit.

If you know what you are doing any protection that keeps you from injecting code into the game is ez, it’s just amtter of wether or not the game/AC can tell

They are numerous free ones floating around. Anybody that can cheat can also spoof their HWID.
This is slowly but surely turning tinto a virtual ■■■■ measuirng contest, so let’s not.

1 Like

All Nelson really has to do is get the most updated version of EAC and BE, and enable/configure all of the features such as HWID bans and better cheat detection

It ain’t that easy. Also, why both?

1 Like

I have a very limited understanding of Anti-Cheats but have done some research. Since Nelson is still developing U4, wouldn’t it not be too late to implement the latest and best versions of the anti cheat?
Also, would having VAC, EAC, and BE together work best? They all work and decide bans differently, so cheat makers would struggle to see which anti cheat their cheats can and can’t bypass

Nobody said anything about it being too late for II, that was 3.X.
Two ACs is probably overkill, EAC is better imho. Plus the two ACs might not even work together properly.

1 Like

Don’t we have 3 rn? VAC, BE, and EAC? I mean they seem to be working well together except for the fact that in their state in U3 they all suck.

What? Why do you think EAC is in 3.X?
We would not be seeing anyhwer near as many cheaters if it was.

3 Likes

3.0 does not have EAC, only VAC and BE.

In addition, there is no game to my knowledge that uses both BE and EAC simultaneously, which leads me to speculate that they don’t work well together or are too impractical to co-maintain.

1 Like

VAc is basically ameme at this point anyway, so it might as well be just BE. Yes, you can probably have two “proper” ACs impelmented at the same time, but why bother if you can just go with the better one and be done with it?

The only game that comes to mind as using both BE and EAC is Fortnite, which doesn’t run both simultaneously. Instead, it’ll choose one of the two to run for each individual user.

I would assume that even if EAC and BE could work together simultaneously, they would never be designed to.

1 Like