Billboards, keys & lockpicking

Wouldn’t it be cool if administrators could use billboards for ads and stuff, or for roleplay so people can buy a billboard? I think that it sounds great.

Also, put unlocked front doors in houses, so you can find a key and lock it. You can make a copy of the key and give it to someone else. Some doors have higher security, so for a weak door, you can lockpick the door. And for a high secured door you need a keycard or code and you can only destroy it or crack the code.

1 Like

While I’m fine with multiplayer-exclusive features, none of this sounds like it’s relevant to the single-player experience. Also, it actively requires the server host/team to handle everything revolving around the feature just so it can function.

It’d make more sense to just use a mod that adds billboards players can place. If you wanted people to write on them, then make them function as signs.

7 Likes

Bill-boards and such would be cool, especially for RP, but I feel as though people could easily abuse it. Whenever you can make a massive single-piece structure people will use it to block bases and whatnot. Maybe if they add something that only allows you to put them in certain places?
A mechanic I would support is existing bill-boards in the city which can be “captured” and controlled for access. Once you capture a bill-board you can use it for 48 hours before someone else is allowed to capture it. Maybe initially it is surrounded by zombies and other AI, but after someone has captured it you have to hunt them and kill them, and bring their head back to it or something lol. Cool idea tho ngl.

As for lock-picking, this has been suggested multiple times. I recommend you read through this discussion where it was suggested in detail and then discussed in detail.

I really support the idea of lock-picking because it can make raiding more dynamic and immersive.

I’m saying that it’s best for administrators to have acces to the billboards, because people would put inapproriate stuff on it.

Why would billboards be such valuable resources that they should be surrounded by AI challenges and require a player’s head to take. I can see a lot more utility for a car, but I’ve never seen anyone suggest that they should spawn surrounded by a horde of zombies and require the previous owner’s disembodied head to access.

3 Likes

The billboards on the side of a skyscraper for example, would be good for roleplay servers to put ads on it for in-game shops 'n stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.