Binoculars and player names - w/Concept art

that’s what I’m sayin’ but no ones listenin’

1 Like

Ghillie suits and masks should make you immune you from being detected or make the range that you can be detected from smaller.
(in RP servers you could use a mask for not being recognized when robbing someone :3)

3 Likes

I thought by “having a label” to tell you who to kill you meant the reputation shown in the example image. I thought you had a reasonable, albeit offtopic point. If you were trying to say that it’s a handicap to have someway of recognizing one of millions of individuals who all have the same exact player, because players struggling to figure out who is who is part of the game, then please give me handicaps.

Perhaps this could be balanced by making the name pop up ONLY if you have previously encountered and identified the person. Made a more specific poll. Thoughts?

• Yes, Have the name pop up in binoculars.
  • Yes, but only after a few (3~) seconds of viewing.
  • Yes, but only if they aren’t in ghillie, crouched in brush, or prone in grass.
  • Yes, but only if you’ve encountered and identified them before.
  • No, Don’t have the name pop up in binoculars.

0 voters

is wrong call nelson to view this?? Realy he need view!

I dont know if he is watching the posts but he might be able to do so in this weekend when he comes back

What about a “Concealment” stat? different clothing have different amounts of that stat (crouching and going prone would give a multiplier to that stat)
The higher that stat is the harder is to a turned to detect you and a player to see your name.

2 Likes

well, if you are walking, even if you are green, your concealment would be 0

Make sense.

Alternate idea - apply the same rules to playernames when you’re right next to someone. If you’ve not encountered them before, and they’re wearing a face mask of some sort, you wont know who they are.

maybe you can only see their names if you aim at they faces

i think the same

I would want to see it be handled the way Payday 2 does.
When you’re ADS’ing, the names stay as they are, but they fade away as you aim closer to the name as to not obstruct your vision. Of course this applies to scopes.
And i would agree to the last part of your post that Ghillie suits are immune to this and you’d also need 3 seconds of constant zero’ing. But it’s gonna be very difficult to code foliage to act as a barrier for the name check, same for smoke bombs

1 Like

I think the name shouldn’t show up if the player has a mask on.

1 Like

honestly, I don’t think this would promote any player interaction or anything of the sort, it’d just help trolls troll you

I think also, that it’d completely destroy the strategic element of identifying someone, their name is literally right there. I don’t think it would be good for PvP or player interaction/roleplay.

1 Like

Well you can’t identify someone when it’s nearly impossible to tell 2 people apart because they chose the same hairstyle. There’s nothing fun about walking up to someone who looks like a friend and them killing you.

2 Likes

i can’t remember when this has ever happened to me

Them you clearly haven’t played pvp with one of your friends not in your group.

if i’m pvping with a friend, normally i’d invite them to a group

Yes… But what if it’s a new friend, or someone you’ve teamed up with on a server temporarily.