British Isles Sneak Preview #7: (pretty big spoilers in this one)

Hello everyone! It’s been a very long time since my last sneak preview, and I’ve been hard at work on the map, creating smaller locations and furnishing the majority of the map. As most of this work isn’t super impressive visually, I’d been neglecting to make any showcases, so sorry about that! This post does contain some decent-size spoilers about the map’s story, so if you don’t want to slightly spoil your experience of the map I’d recommend you click off now.

Observation post set up around a small fungal infection north of London

The Biocon Research Facility, just east of Leeds

A peat bog overtaken by methane-consuming fungi, which uses the methane to create a glow that draws animals in.

A research icebreaker frozen in ice near Edinburgh

A fish-canning facility overtaken by local flora

This is a super early preview of some environmental hazards that fungi can present, in this case the fungi send out electrical discharges to communicate through an area. This area is still heavily work in progress, so don’t judge it too harshly!

An underwater research facility in the North Sea, home to a super-intelligent AI named ATLAS.

That’s all for this time, thanks for checking in!

25 Likes

This seems like an extremely interesting and creative map. I really like how you did the facility overtaken by flora and the frozen stuck icebreaker ship. I also like the fungi and how it sends those red electrical discharges. Great work!

2 Likes

thank you!

Damn this looks very interesting. Will there be some sort of pre-release testing? Would love to join it to share my feedback on the map

3 Likes

Thank you! At the moment I have no plans for any sort of public testing.

RIP boaty mcboatface

Ok ok! Apparently I will go back to playing unturned when your map is released, it really looks very interesting to me!

1 Like

Looks great cant wait

2 Likes

thank you guys

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.