Camera Placement w/o Sight Attached (Help)

I think around the development of France there was a feature added where you can set two gameobjects in the Item prefab, one for the sight placement/hook, and one for the camera placement for when there are no sights attached. Currently the example file only comes with a Sight gameobject, and I don’t know how to add this feature. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Keep the ‘Sight’ hook wherever you want your sights to attach, duplicate it (or any other child) and rename it to ‘View’. ‘View’ will provide a sight perspective when there’s no sight attached, it’s used on Military Launcher on France for example.

12 Likes

thank you for your input renaxon but you are wrong, you actually have to keep the ‘Sight’ hook wherever you want your sights to attach, duplicate it (or any other child) and rename it to ‘View’. ‘View’ will provide a sight perspective when there’s no sight attached.

11 Likes

Unfortunately both of you are incorrect, but I appreciate the help you have tried to provide.

The proper way of setting a no-sight perspective without the use of a sight attachment of the weapon is to add a ‘View’. To achieve this, firstly, keep the ‘Sight’ hook to the desired location of your sights you wish to attach. Second, you must duplicate the aforementioned hook (or in this case, any other child) and change the name of it to ‘View’.

This will provide the user with a different sight perspective when there is no sight attachment on your weapon.

9 Likes

Every single one of you has said the same thing, yet says the previous are wrong.

I don’t even know what to think

1 Like

thank you user @Aj_Gaming for explaining the joke

11 Likes

I give you my thanks, @Aj_Gaming , for the thorough explanation of the hilarious fad.

10 Likes

Raieus you are actually mistaken, he did not give a thorough explanation of the gag but instead explained the joke.

10 Likes

guys i’m losing ‘sight’ of this joke

4 Likes

You might of well said r/whoosh

I had a feeling it was a joke, but I had to make sure and well… Yeah

1 Like

Thanks Renaxon!

1 Like

Thanks Renaxon!

1 Like

Why are we all thanking renaxon he gave the wrong answer…

5 Likes

Read the thread again

1 Like

Yeah renaxon gave an answer and I had to correct him, Why did you thank him?

6 Likes

I cant tell if youre joking or serious

1 Like

I am very serious pal, dont do what renaxon said it wont work.

5 Likes

But you both said the same thing

1 Like

I apologize for your ineptitude but please sir, Read the thread again.

6 Likes

This fucking noobyfish guy I swear

5 Likes