Can we fix the reputation system?

Currently, the reputation system is seemingly broken. To an extent that you lose reputation for defending yourself and becoming a villain inevitably, and because it’s so easy to go that road, no one actually cares.

I do have a few methods to deal with this problem.

1. If another player aims their gun at you up to 5m away, without even shooting, but you kill them, you don’t lose or gain any reptation.
  2. If a player shoots at you, having the shot landing 10m away from you or less will give them the “aggressor” title, giving you reputation if you manage to kill them.
  3. If a player is holding a melee weapon and aiming at you, not doing anything, and you kill him, you lose -1 reputation
  4. If a player attacks with his melee weapon while aiming at you or 4m away from you, it also gives that player the “aggressor” title and giving you reputation.
  5. If the aggressor actually connects a hit on you, whether with a gun or a frying pan, you get double the reputation if you manage to kill them.

Hope I went through all of the issues that the current reputation system has, if not, feel free to remind me

If you have a good reputation [insert required amount of reputation], and if you’re the first the open an air drop, the chance for having a higher quality/rarity gun is significantly increased. And the bad guys usually get the basic guns with a small chance of getting these higher quality guns

9 Likes

IIRC this is already a thing.

Rest of them I agree with.

1 Like

In 3.0 currently it’s set to 4m, which is very small concerning some people who have super bad aim

1 Like

The shot landing system rn is kind broken. I’ve lost plenty of rep defending random people as well.

Yeah, that is why i added the “aggressor” title, for simpler coding and easier understanding. If anyone shoots anyone, or does the required tasks to become an aggressor, anyone who kills them gets the reputation

I think you should factor suppressors into this.

How so? This is pretty vague

What difference should suppressors add? You’re shooting someone either way

This is great and all, except for the fact that reputation is completely useless and does absolutely nothing. Why fix something that doesn’t do anything at all?

Reputation will never be perfect because of the different amount of outcomes that might happen which shows a flaw in the system.

Well, at least now you can know that if someone can be potentially trusted or not. In addition to the benifits that I mentions in the post

Nifty post. Bookmarked to look over again later when I start publishing some of my own suggestion posts (for Unturned II, not 3.0) again. :]

It technically does stuff on Carpat. Reputation is a useless system on official maps, but Workshop maps can use it quite easily. The only problem is that, despite being usable in the NPC system, the Reputation system itself is garbage.

So, yeah, official NPCs don’t factor in reputation when interactions occur. Obviously, this is a good point to consider when discussing the game: “does it apply to official content?”

However, disregarding official content, it’s a good suggestion. It fixes something that Workshop content creators cannot fully utilize. The ability to factor in reputation (and many other things) was added specifically for custom content creators. I think it’d make sense to actually let them utilize the features that were added for them. (And, maybe, if the system wasn’t broken, it would’ve seen more official use.)

These are pretty simple and straightforward changes anyways. For example, the most obvious thing on the list that has needed to happen for a while…

…would be an incredibly simple tweak. It’s super easy to miss a shot by more than four meters. Ten meters is reasonable enough.

Plus, even if it doesn’t get tweaked in Unturned 3, these are still relatively valid suggestions for Unturned II. Not the way I’d take the Reputation system, but still technically valid. Unturned 3 is a great guinea pig for testing things that could appear in Unturned II.

3 Likes

glad I could help!
:+1:

Yes, very good idea’s