Can't Add .FBX Model with Embedded Texture into Model_0 (Mesh Filter)

I am watching an unturned modding tutorial on making a custom firearm and I am at a brick wall, when I go to drag my Embedded Texture FBX file, the cursor turns into the circle with slash symbol and i cant place the fbx to start the main process. does anybody know of any fixes? I have a sepparate texture and material thingy too, maybe thats the cause?

The unity workflow expects you make materials in unity and assign properties through that.

I ended up putting material creation to none, and I still cant copy the fbx into the mesh filter, is there anything specific i need to watch out for?

I figured out why the models dont work, its because there are multiple models inside of the fbx file, although I have no clue on how to fix this.

You have to specifically select the mesh from the FBX file, not the whole file.

Click around the “models” listed inside of the file as you saw and look at how the Inspector window changes. You can use anything that shows (Mesh) at the end of the name in that window, and you should be able to immediately recognize the difference between these and the other parts of the file with a little more experience.

If you have meaningful names on your assets, you can click the circle with the dot inside (right side of the mesh/material fields) to get a search bar if that works better for you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.