Can't input CJK(Chines, Janpan, Korean) with Linux

First, I would like to thank you for allowing me to have such a fun time with my son.
There is a problem with the game and I would like to let you know.
I’m playing Unturned on Linux.
CJK(Chines, Janpan,Korean) language input generally uses input methods such as IBUS or Fcitx on Linux.
Unfortunately, the above CJK language input does not seem to be possible in the Unterned game, so it is very difficult to search for items. Can’t Linux support the Linux CJK input method?

Hey, @wonhae. Could you provide more detail about the specific issue you’re having?

Since the Korean patch has been released through Steam’s Unturned workshop, menus and item names can be viewed in Korean.
However, when typing in the chat window or searching for items in the craft tab,
English can of course be input, but if I try to change the keyboard to Korean mode,
It seems that the keyboard does not switch to Korean mode.
I tested 2 input method, IBUS and FCITX, Both doesn’t work.
I confirm that users playing on Windows 10 have no problem using Korean in the chat window.

I’ve asked Nelson about this. Unfortunately, this could be an engine-level issue.

It may be worth trying a different UI system. If you’re currently using the default uGUI system, try switching to IMGUI instead.

To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. Right-click Unturned in your Steam Library.

2. Select the Properties… button.

3. On the General tab, find the Launch Options field near the bottom.

4. Add the -Glazier=IMGUI option.

EDIT: You could also try UIToolkit instead of IMGUI, but I don’t think that is likely to fix your issue. There’s also some other shortcomings/bugs with using the UIToolkit option currently.

1 Like

UI changes have no effect. But I found out something interesting.
Two input methods were tested, IBUS and FCITX, but the results were different.
IBUS does not convert from English to Korean mode at all. This means that even if you convert the keyboard to Korean mode, you can type only in English.
But with FCITX, the keyboard was converted to Korean mode, and Korean input was possible in an inconvenient manner.
If I type a single letter (for example, ‘한’), it does not appear on the screen, but if I press the right arrow key, that single letter appears.
It is inconvenient to have to press the arrow key every time, but if I do this repeatedly, I can type multiple letters.(‘한’ + arrow key + ‘글’ + arrow key + ‘사’ + arrow key…)
Regardless of the UI mode, fcitx works the same.
I’m glad that I can input Korean like this, but I hope it can be resolved stably.
I hope this content helped solving the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.