Cell Phones + Concept Art

My Idea is adding cell phones to the game. Now when you start thinking about the “Samsung Galaxy S99++ EXTREME” being added into the game, no that’s not what I’m trying to say.

Adding basic cell phones such as ones with buttons and screens might come in handy. Here are some of the features a phone should have:

• Working messaging system (SMS)
  • Flashlight
  • Radio (Works for public broadcasts and closed circuit comms)
  • Taunt or “Timed Alarm” system.
  • Navigation (GPS)
  • Time Display

These features are a must, and will pretty much compact many items into a single one. GTA has phones and I think they pull it off really nicely, which could even be an idea for unturned phones. What if servers could create “apps” for the phone, maybe for advertising their discord server and such.

Back to the topic, phones would need to be charged regularly. (battery indicator displays how much battery life is left) The average battery life of a phone would be about two or three days. In addition, some apps require signal to work, such as the messaging and GPS system, while others do not, such as the Taunt and Flashlight system.

Here is some concept art for how phones could look like and behave.

This is an ellaboration and collection of ideas from this post.

Post your Ideas and suggestions below!

12 Likes

I do like the idea of a phone being a multitool for a few communication related and misc reasons. It could finally be a realistic way to get rid of world chat and implement long-range VOIP.

10 Likes

I think maybe an 8 digit phone number system could be set up, where to communicate with phones you type in the number. You’d get a randomly assigned number when you pick up the phone, which stays your number forever (on that server).

I agree with @101gamer101’s suggestion of using it to get rid of world chat, and only having area chat and group chat.

5 Likes

Yeah, that would work with messaging. I also hesitated adding an actual “Call” function, as that would be replaced by local comms, but maybe calling a person could prove useful?

As part of my upcoming communications idea I’ve had the idea of people being able to restore derelict cell towers near cities/points of interest and establish cell comms in a wide radius around the cell tower.

There would probably be a multipurpose comms tower too, with stuff like radio broadcast capability.

2 Likes

if they’re not parodies of NOKIA phones are we legally allowed to sue?

What if these also work for activating remote custom automated systems and detonating IED’s?

Too much Insurgency and Watch Dogs smell around…

1 Like

Maybe an airdrop could have its location (coordinates) broadcasted to the phones and you could see where it’ll drop if you have one.

(You might say this is useless since you can (currently in 3.x) see the plane and maybe use a helicopter to get to the airdrop (if you have one), but remember that 4.0’s maps are going to be bigger, you maybe you won’t even see the airdrop, or maybe you’d want to get there first to check the vantage points or build some defenses)

2 Likes

yeee would be useful if phones where used as a multitool

Also having the option to save the number to your phone once you write it, otherwise you’d have to write it down on a piece of paper and that’d be tedious.

2 Likes

but IF phones get added in 4.0 will there be no world chat, only Area chat and use the phone to private message other players.

There’s nothing wrong with that IMO.

How about PDA’s instead of phones? I mean, PDA’s are more resistant and have better batteries.

Even better, for example, if some guy says you UR MOM GAE in chat, you cant disable the chat, but you can block it in the phone, also i think the chat should be quit…you know it’s better for finding players by surprise instead of those messages in general chat that says “1v1 skorpion-7 no sn1per”.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.