Change the graphics

I’m confused. I’ve heard people say that Unturned 4.0 will be more dark, like 2.0, but then apparently Nelson likes this bright and colourful style? I really would prefer 4.0 to be darker, not all of this bright, happy atmosphere that 3.0 has.

1 Like

This is about the definition & detail, not the lighting. 4 is going to be more dark. If it really bothers you so much then take this instead:

Alright I have to admit that does look pretty good. A bit on the cartoonish side, which is sort of what normal Unturned’s art style is, but with some good detail. If it was slightly more low-poly that could fit right in.

I like the bright graphics in Unturned and wouldn’t like it if it changes darker.

I like this 4.0 devlog graphics.

well do you really want everything to seem to glow all the time? nelsons just gonna make the graphics fit the apocalypse theme, (as far as I can tell)

It doesn’t glow. But I don’t like very dark games. One of the reasons why Unturned is so popular is the not depressive graphic.
@buze I like the graphics, too, but the could be a bit brighter.

I mean if Nelson makes graphics like that (mix of the witness and firewatch) it kinda wont have that unturned feel

It wouldn’t be a mix of witness and firewatch, it would be a mix of witness, firewatch, and unturned.

still not a fan of it

But the most should be Unturned.

The thing is that Unturned graphics changed aswell during all the development, even during 3.0 you could notice big changes between trees for example.

Yes, but that’s small changes. This topic treats the style.

Art-style has changed during every version, so it would logically drastically change aswell for a different game.

Alot of people dislike the cheery atmosphere.

But eh, @Nerobrine_LP is bit biased since he doesn’t like dark themes. But I mean, it’s not going to be THAT dark

2 Likes

A cel-shaded look for Unturned would be really nice.

Yeah, no.
(oof 10 characters)

I like the old graphics too , but unturned needs people and people like better graphics. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.