Confirmed clothing slots as of 1/16/18

N E G A T O R Y
operation DISALLOWED

Beanies are literally toques but in American/British language.
If they don’t have the fuzzy ball they’re just a winter cap of sorts.

Either way toques are the superior form of snow headwear

1 Like

Beanies traditionally don’t have pom poms, unless you get a pompom beanie. Get outta here!

Found the literal embodiment of everything pompom and everything slouchy beanie, though:

plz

1 Like

Beanies traditionally don’t have pom poms

neither do toques
congratulations, you just played yourself

3 Likes

Supreme tee
Fear of god jeans
Some ice
yeezy 350 v2
Gucci belt
Supreme hoodie
Gucci backpack
What is sling?
Icy rollex
More ice
Clout glasses
Bape mask
Supreme googles
Bape shark jacket

I swear if someone mods this in then I’ll actually quit.

The average toque doesn’t have pom poms.
11/10

1 Like

Can we take a moment to stop and talk about the Quiver & Pistol Holster?

Besides possibly being storage items, do you think they’ll give additional boosts? :thinking: Increased draw speed for handgun secondaries plus a visual difference in handgun secondary placement on player model? Increased reload speed for arrow-based ranged weapons?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Also, I already gave Whistleblower a like. Nobody else can capitalize on Molt being carfunkled.

3 Likes

Well there should definitely be faster draw speed, but it should be a pretty good difference. Like, 30% faster. Having a quiver should not only increase bow reload speed but also be more space efficient than carrying arrows in your hands. For example they could stack and the quiver would display a limit, e.g. “7/20”

Belts would be needed for having the hot-keys for items, each belt would have different uses and bonuses.

2 Likes

I’d say they shouldn’t be a requirement, it just noticeably speeds up the time it takes to get an item (its obviously faster to grab something out of a belt than out of a backpack). People like hotkeys, and they have a lot of use, so locking them behind an item isn’t a very good idea.

4 Likes

I think I’d like to agree with this. Feeling kinda “eh” about requiring belts to hotkeys, especially if it seems like they’re not really going to even be a “typical” spawn based on specialized clothing pieces (ie: pistol holsters and tool belts(?)). I wouldn’t want them to be nastily overpowered though either. :thinking:

Regardless, borrowing from Molt’s /concept limbo/ , I wouldn’t mind if the new radial menu-type things were used for some of the clothing pieces. :thinking: Possibly backpacks, if weight does end up not being a thing, so we can have an alternative end-game backpack. Make it so 0, with certain backpacks, becomes a radial menu for more “hotkeys?”

I’m thinking that console controllers will most likely use a radial system instead of hotkeys though, so that could be weird, having nested radial menus that is.

It’s nice to throw the wacky concepts out here though.

3 Likes

Pistols have a faster draw time would really increase their viability. Actually different weapons have different draw times would be a nice little buff/nerf to ALL weapons.

hey guis… lez talk about 'bout the latest changes to dah clothing stuff we may-or-may-not see in the next Devlog:

• Shirt being bugfixed so that the textile variations look gud.

• Gets “covered/uncovered versions.” Same w/ the hoodie. Not exactly sure what it implies about the clothing layering system
    • Also military camo textiles. (:smiling_imp:) Not listed directly in relevance to the t-shirt, but… :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
  • Fingerless gloves have had their model redone now. (Was already listed to have that done, but now it is done supposedly!)

• Sneakers are same as above, but not yet implemented.

• Pistol holster = dead now, in place of leather belt. (Personally fine with this, assuming the width is good.)

• Vest = Ballistic Vest now, instead of a Chest Rig. (not implemented yet, but I approve).

• Rucksack = MOLLE Rucksack (:smiling_imp:)

• (implemented, but gets buckles and pins too?)
    • reminded me that I was thinking about how we need physics on tassels :wink: and festive hats :wink:
  • Quiver is also implemented now, and is probably able to be presumed as functioning-as-intended w/ the rucksack.

• Watch is almost implemented. I’m curious if this means Nelson has already implemented some sort of time into his experimental environments yet. :thinking: (Can we inspect our bare hands to get a look at our mythical gloves and green wristwatches? :open_mouth:)

• Dogtogs, Baseball Cap, and “Hoodie” (scoff!) are implemented, supposedly, I assume.

• The aviators have just become “regular” glasses! D: They’re also :+1: in.

4 Likes

i was going to like your comment but then you did all those emojis

also i’ll talk to whomstevereth i please website

4 Likes

Just an update that all the clothing items have been implemented, just need some tweaks and things (MOLLE Rucksack buckles and pins, and covered/uncovered versions for Hoodie/Tee, and military camo textiles).

Someone brought up to me a couple days ago asking about how mythicals (and by extension, cosmetics) will work. Kinda don’t care about the mythical part of the question at all though…

I’m more interested in: if you people think cosmetics will still be a thing, if cosmetics will be on a per-item replacement basis rather than a per-slot replacement basis, if textile variation will impact cosmetics or skins in some form (either by limiting what cosmetics can be applied based on the pattern and/or color, or by having skin patterns that are randomized slightly), and if skins/cosmetics will be applied in-game in-map on a per-item basis rather than from a main menu of sorts.

3 Likes

Nelson also added these to Github: Not sure if people’ve noticed because I sure haven’t:

Rucksack buckles and pins
Covered/uncovered versions of Hoodie
Covered/uncovered versions of Tee
Military camo textiles

Wait what does it mean by ‘Covered/uncovered’?

2 Likes

Noted up @ post #25 Confirmed clothing slots as of 1/16/18 - #25 by MoltonMontro.

Assuming it (uncovered/covered) either implies the hoodie has a hooded version, or layers just removes a part of the previous clothing. Or, the clothing looks different depending on what’s above/under it (ie: your hoodie is closer to your body when not wearing a t-shirt).

I’d prefer if it was the first one or the last one, but given the limited context I doubt it’s either of those. :confused: Hoping that the clothing layering system is all gud tho’.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.