Confirmed clothing slots as of 1/16/18

Belts would be needed for having the hot-keys for items, each belt would have different uses and bonuses.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say they shouldnā€™t be a requirement, it just noticeably speeds up the time it takes to get an item (its obviously faster to grab something out of a belt than out of a backpack). People like hotkeys, and they have a lot of use, so locking them behind an item isnā€™t a very good idea.

4 Likes

I think Iā€™d like to agree with this. Feeling kinda ā€œehā€ about requiring belts to hotkeys, especially if it seems like theyā€™re not really going to even be a ā€œtypicalā€ spawn based on specialized clothing pieces (ie: pistol holsters and tool belts(?)). I wouldnā€™t want them to be nastily overpowered though either. :thinking:

Regardless, borrowing from Moltā€™s /concept limbo/ , I wouldnā€™t mind if the new radial menu-type things were used for some of the clothing pieces. :thinking: Possibly backpacks, if weight does end up not being a thing, so we can have an alternative end-game backpack. Make it so 0, with certain backpacks, becomes a radial menu for more ā€œhotkeys?ā€

Iā€™m thinking that console controllers will most likely use a radial system instead of hotkeys though, so that could be weird, having nested radial menus that is.

Itā€™s nice to throw the wacky concepts out here though.

3 Likes

Pistols have a faster draw time would really increase their viability. Actually different weapons have different draw times would be a nice little buff/nerf to ALL weapons.

hey guisā€¦ lez talk about 'bout the latest changes to dah clothing stuff we may-or-may-not see in the next Devlog:

• Shirt being bugfixed so that the textile variations look gud.

• Gets ā€œcovered/uncovered versions.ā€ Same w/ the hoodie. Not exactly sure what it implies about the clothing layering system
    • Also military camo textiles. (:smiling_imp:) Not listed directly in relevance to the t-shirt, butā€¦ :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
  • Fingerless gloves have had their model redone now. (Was already listed to have that done, but now it is done supposedly!)

• Sneakers are same as above, but not yet implemented.

• Pistol holster = dead now, in place of leather belt. (Personally fine with this, assuming the width is good.)

• Vest = Ballistic Vest now, instead of a Chest Rig. (not implemented yet, but I approve).

• Rucksack = MOLLE Rucksack (:smiling_imp:)

• (implemented, but gets buckles and pins too?)
    • reminded me that I was thinking about how we need physics on tassels :wink: and festive hats :wink:
  • Quiver is also implemented now, and is probably able to be presumed as functioning-as-intended w/ the rucksack.

• Watch is almost implemented. Iā€™m curious if this means Nelson has already implemented some sort of time into his experimental environments yet. :thinking: (Can we inspect our bare hands to get a look at our mythical gloves and green wristwatches? :open_mouth:)

• Dogtogs, Baseball Cap, and ā€œHoodieā€ (scoff!) are implemented, supposedly, I assume.

• The aviators have just become ā€œregularā€ glasses! D: Theyā€™re also :+1: in.

4 Likes

i was going to like your comment but then you did all those emojis

also iā€™ll talk to whomstevereth i please website

4 Likes

Just an update that all the clothing items have been implemented, just need some tweaks and things (MOLLE Rucksack buckles and pins, and covered/uncovered versions for Hoodie/Tee, and military camo textiles).

Someone brought up to me a couple days ago asking about how mythicals (and by extension, cosmetics) will work. Kinda donā€™t care about the mythical part of the question at all thoughā€¦

Iā€™m more interested in: if you people think cosmetics will still be a thing, if cosmetics will be on a per-item replacement basis rather than a per-slot replacement basis, if textile variation will impact cosmetics or skins in some form (either by limiting what cosmetics can be applied based on the pattern and/or color, or by having skin patterns that are randomized slightly), and if skins/cosmetics will be applied in-game in-map on a per-item basis rather than from a main menu of sorts.

3 Likes

Nelson also added these to Github: Not sure if peopleā€™ve noticed because I sure havenā€™t:

Rucksack buckles and pins
Covered/uncovered versions of Hoodie
Covered/uncovered versions of Tee
Military camo textiles

Wait what does it mean by ā€˜Covered/uncoveredā€™?

2 Likes

Noted up @ post #25 Confirmed clothing slots as of 1/16/18 - #25 by MoltonMontro.

Assuming it (uncovered/covered) either implies the hoodie has a hooded version, or layers just removes a part of the previous clothing. Or, the clothing looks different depending on whatā€™s above/under it (ie: your hoodie is closer to your body when not wearing a t-shirt).

Iā€™d prefer if it was the first one or the last one, but given the limited context I doubt itā€™s either of those. :confused: Hoping that the clothing layering system is all gud thoā€™.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.