Cooking food

It is basically the current mechanics of roasting meat but more improved by oppressing other foods, cooking or baking foods that can not be eaten raw like corn and potatoes (they can be eaten raw but they will not fill up so much hunger compared to the cooked or roasted version) , could mix everything in a pot and make a soup that would fill 90% of the hunger and would yield enough for a group of 7 players, also the possibility of picking up meat corn and some vegetables and making a barbecue that would fill 50% of the hunger could be roast anywhere and yields 4 servings, add salt and a meat sauce that makes the meat increase more hunger but individually from other foods.

There are another few posts.

1 Like

In reality, cooking and salting food doesn’t increase how nutritious or hydrating the food is (actually evaporation, burning, and salinity could cause the opposite) but is done to make food more sanitary, more palatable, and better preserved, likewise foods are prepared into meals to be more palatable, more nutritionally balanced, easier to consume, easier to store, and/or easier to portion.
While palatabilty and nutrition have been suggested before, I’m not sure what all they would add to the game and if they would be worthwhile to add, so we can ignore those for the time being. Without those two incentives, that basically just leaves having food preparee into meals be faster to eat and more compact to store, which probably wouldn’t be enough of an incentive, so while it may seem completely unintuitive to me that a meal would be more filling than the sum of its parts, I can see some good reasons for that.
Cooking and salting food making it more filling, however I can’t get behind. I would strongly prefer that cooking be done to sanitize and preserve food at the cost of nutrition/hydration, time, and fuel/salt, with the cost:benefit ratio getting better as the player’s cooking skill increases.

3 Likes

Stop.

You two already had that argument, it just got deleted, because it was offtopic.

I was not notified of this.

Ehh whatever.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.