Creating LAN Server Fails After Updating to 3.20.4.0

As the title of this post suggests, I am having trouble creating and running a LAN server after updating Unturned to version 3.20.4.0. Before this update, creating a server simply involved creating a shortcut from the Unturned executable, renaming it to Server, and adding -nographics -batchmode +lanserver/Server to the end of the path. Upon running the executable for the first time, it would create a new folder tree with files relevant to the server. After this new update, however, performing the same task, and running any server created prior to update 3.20.4.0, reaches a certain point within the loading process and hangs with this error message:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Unturned/Bundles/Workshop/Maps’ not found. - System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs)
System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path, System.String searchPattern)
System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path)
SDG.Unturned.ReadWrite.getFolders (System.String path, Boolean usePath)
SDG.Unturned.ReadWrite.getFolders (System.String path)
SDG.Unturned.Level.getLevels (ESingleplayerMapCategory categoryFilter)
SDG.Unturned.Assets+c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

I performed a file integrity check through Steam, which found one invalid file and replaced it. This did not fix the issue. I then proceeded to reinstall Unturned, making absolutely sure that there were no traces of the game left behind after uninstalling through Steam.

As you can likely guess, the issue persisted, and I am now coming to the forum for assistance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have two younger cousins who adore this game and would love to be able to play with me. Ever since the newest update, they are unable to do so.

Thanks,

ValarMorghulis

I think you need create directory Content,Steam and Maps in Bundles/Workshop.

above /
add the /Workshop/Maps folders

After posting this, I read a similar thread in which the poster ended up with a server restricted to Gold accounts with no way to change the mode. If that happens, is there a way around that, or would I be forced to purchase the Gold upgrade for three accounts just to let myself and my cousins play?

hello, i had the exact same problem, but i fixed it. Here is how…

You go to bundles\workshop
and create a new folder called maps. its simple as thaat

oops, doesnt work…

Be sure to add all missing folders: Maps, Content, and Steam (all in the Workshop folder).

1 Like