Currently making an Rio de Janeiro map. Suggestions?

Trello

So, im making an Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) map. AMA, and maybe add some suggestions.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s a very good idea posting it right now, especially since there’s not much to show. There isn’t much to say about it because there’s nothing about it we can comment on. If I were you, I’d post this later in the development of the map when you have completed at least half of it so we know what we’re looking at.

I’ve never been to Brazil, but I heard it was a very humid place. I think you can get that point across without having the permanent puddles - having “rainforest-like” ambient effects would help a lot. What I’m talking about is when you’re walking around, you should be able to hear mosquitoes buzzing around, basically just the noise of a rainforest.

Another defining characteristic of Brazil is the crowded slums, or “favelas.” I don’t know how widespread they are, but to make it feel like Brazil and not some other place in South America, have the favelas be very crowded and dirty. Maybe make some of the roofs sheet metal? There’s a lot you can go with this.

That’s mostly what I can think of now - I’ll get back to you once I have some unique gameplay ideas.

alright, will remember those suggestions.

thanks!

Reminder that it all started here.

5 Likes

can you be my boyfriend

5 Likes

<3 ship! Frainbo! :rainbow_flag:

3 Likes

yes :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

what the frick

10 Likes

Currently closing a Rio De Janeiro thread. Suggestions?

8 Likes