Day/night cycle continues while paused in singleplayer

Self-explanatory, the moon still slowly shifts upwards even though all the particles, zombies, physics, etc. are paused. This isn’t just a visual glitch, this is actually the day/night cycle changing.

I thought I was crazy a couple times coming back to my PC to see the in-game time of day had changed.

1 Like

As far as I know, this has always been a thing. I can’t remember if it drains food/water as well.

I think it didn’t deplete your stats. I am also too lazy to check to confirm.

Yeah; it has always been a thing. This may change eventually.

There’s a relevant support article that marks this as a “known issue”, since it gets mentioned often: https://support.smartlydressedgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/12297865191316-Why-does-time-continue-on-the-pause-menu-

it does deplete stats
there’s been a few times where i forgot to exit and i came back and my character was dead lol

1 Like

Please don’t fix this issue, it’s actually amazing and allows you to create beautiful screenshots

But… you can just change time of day because you are admin in singleplayer

Food/water isn’t depleted while the game is paused in single-player.

Could you clarify what it helps someone do that they wouldn’t be able to do normally?

Skybox changes but envieromental lighting stays the same and doesn’t change from the last time cycle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.