Death & Reputation | In-Depth Thread

As I had said personally, I’m not rather fond of the idea to begin with.

We could always just make it so horrifying to go through that it’s rarely done after the first time though! /s

I think it’d be kind of hard to balance something like that, since it’s not really dependent on anything besides not being AFK. I guess if sanity returned you could cap it based on that, but I don’t think sanity is likely to return and I don’t think that solves the problem perfectly. Unfortunately, I’m unsure how else to limit such a feature.

It’s an easy fix.

The player can suicide only if they have a loaded firearm, or if they have a melee weapon equipped.

Bam.

(A setting for servers could be added, which would turn on the suicide button permanently)

1 Like

That was a separate suggestion by OP (being able to kill yourself via loaded gun), and I already suggested making that the only suicide method. Doesn’t fix the issue of making strangulation decent though (if it was to be added)! :man_shrugging:

Maybe the problem is that strangulation is inherently indecent.

As I said in a previous reply, we could go ahead and make the suicide animation comically friendly instead of gritty and dark by having characters comically explode like a balloon.
Search up Battleblock theatre and you will see what i mean, I would like y’all to tell me what you think.

All in favor of that instead say “Yeet” in your reply and I will edit the thread appropriately

Kinda weird how when i make a post regarding this idea, everyone trashed it xD
Probably was the way of delivery that you used, but regardless, I liked this idea a lot. However, I want to kinda suggest that if a player wants to have that chance of being in the DB state, he/she would need to use a Medkit, or First Aid which can only be found (in addition to the 5 minutes, which i would recomment to be 10 due to the player not always being a gun fight, but when they do, it should be all skill rather than waiting it out to get the DB chance)
Maybe have the player in the DB state to have 5 hp, so basically any sort of damage towards the player would kill them

It’s not just about the darkness of it, it’s about how being able to suicide on a whim kinda goes against the idea of trying to survive. People shouldn’t just kill themselves until they get a really nice spawn.

Also, I don’t think comically exploding like a balloon would be added anyways just because it wouldn’t fit in with anything else in the game. Heck, strangling yourself would probably look really bizarre too and not fit in.

So the problem with it would just be that it’s not something you could make useful to gameplay without wondering why there isn’t just an instant suicide button in the game you can click. I’d rather not have Unturned 3’s suicide button though (which can be disabled now), so people can actually do stuff like using handcuffs and whatever else.

Which goes back to my suggestions of either not having strangulation at all, or if sanity is added back in then having it tied to your sanity levels.

Your suggestion was more forgiving towards players trying to be revived, and this post includes more than bleeding out anyways (mostly reputation here). This post also incentives not trying to murder everyone ten times over, just like 99% murder them and then take all their belongings so they die later. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I feel like they’d always die instantly due to the bullet spray.

they’re going to die 0 seconds in, friend

Holy crap you can disable the suicide button?
I’m so dumb, I think I’m just going to scrap the suicide section of the post
Thanks for pointing this out though <3

To clarify, in Unturned 3 you can disable the suicide button.**** It’s technically unknown if this will carry over into version 4. It can be disabled in the Gameplay Config, was added with or shortly after explosive chewing gum.

1 Like

Just wish more people would disable it on their servers is all im saying now lol

Oh yeah, I think it’d be more interesting to play Unturned without it in general. My only concern is getting stuck somewhere, but you’d at least be able to die from hunger/thirst/zombies/players eventually.

Hopefully maps would be designed well enough where this wouldn’t happen without the player being incredibly naive (like jumping into a dark pit that leads into a deep cave system with no light in Hawaii levels of naive).

Personally I like this idea, because a reviving system would be fitting in 4.0. I also liked your suggestion about suiciding in 4.0, well, not all of it. I agree with Molton that the only way to suicide should be via a gun, and punching cancelling the animation.

But reputation is kind of useless, at least in 3.0. It has no real impact on the game outside of trading with NPCs. If it got some sort of use that players would want to be in the positive of reputation then I’m all for it.

Damn! I was about to Comment that!

help

wake me up inside

I love the reviving idea i think before i was suggest but it never went through on the unturned steam forum

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.