Death theme music depends on map/pick your death theme

After listening to the music staswalle made for the Buak map, I thought that it would be neat if a snippet of the Grim Gaze track (which was cut from the project) would play when you die on Buak. After thinking about it further, I came to the realization that this could potentially be applied to any map that has its own soundtrack, even non-curated ones.

Instead of having a binary “Play menu/Death Music” setting, players could pick and choose from a list of music for the menu/death theme from any installed map that has custom music. Heck, maybe a player could download a mod from the workshop that specifically adds music to this list, or maybe the player could select any installed music track they want that is in the game from either vanilla or modded workshop content.

Not a groundbreaking addition, but I just thought it would be neat if such a feature existed.

staswalle’s music goes hard, and it would be neat if I could hear it after being beaten to death at spawn.

2 Likes

That would be a really nice touch and I bet they’d like it, too! I’ll bring it up with them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would like to see it so much!!! Don’t Be a Coward is my fav

1 Like

Have you considered adding an option for the official to switch the BGM on the right side of the game opening and a music option for players to freely choose when they die? Online music is customized based on each map and game soundtrack. In the creative workshop, MOD music boxes can be added. I also recommend that the official add some image filters and sound versions for the game. For example, I can choose the 2.0 version of image filters, various item models, music, and ambient sound in 3.24.4.1

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.