Destroyed citys

lad, just accept that it’s realistically not gonna happen but say you want it anyways,

also no, EU is not just gonna dissolve because of a virus in a country

Who cares how the city got destroyed, it looks cooler that a city in unturned is partially destroyed.

You do realise that they won’t be small anymore? The reason they were small is because of 3.0s optimization.

that’s your opinion, there are people who want cities in shit condition and there are people who want it in pristine condition as both styles allow for different types of games

So there won’t be tiny towns anymore. That’s sounds really good :smiley:

1 Like

First of all, some damage will occur during the riots and such, even if the military doesn’t bomb at all,

Second, wit

sigh

civil unrest =/= riot

Just because the discussion seems to be over.

based

Hold up, got idea for actual damn contribution, give me a moment.

Alright, the destruction should be based around the population density of the area, what resources or services the area has, and the state of the citizens in the area.

Beyond that, I’d think it’s mostly common sense as to what the people would do.
The rich would often likely stay where they are, no point in leaving when you have everything you need right there.
The poorer/middle class would get out immediately if they weren’t planning on it, living in a high-density area with desperate people around them is the last thing they need, obviously differs if the environment is rural, urban, or suburban.

And then of course, there’s the fact that people don’t actually believe the world is going to end, so they’ll stay right where they are and act as though everything is normal, until they get barred from their workplace or vehicles and bodies are littering the street (a pleasant sight).
Families, being concerned about their children’s survival above all else, would likely be the first to try to get out, if not the preppers, who have been waiting for this moment for oh so long, if they aren’t bugging in (which is ideal in urban environments).

The rise in crime & petty theft after people realize the world might actually be ending would be a likely outcome. People would presumably understand that if there was ever a time to kill that one person they really disliked, it would be now.
And then of course, those who realize that they aren’t at all prepared for this situation, much less have the tools required (from their perspective) to be able to survive for an extended period of time, would likely try to snatch utilities and resources. What kinds of people are these? Everybody but most rich and most preppers.
Imagine the crowd at the gun store! It must have been a great pleasure for the storekeep to have to mow them down, after all, he really has no other choice if he wants to keep his produce. The police must be really damn busy, after all.

And of course, the driving factor of this unrest, the police are held up. There are simply too many crimes for the police to be able to deal with, having to also deal with directing traffic, on highways and elsewhere, clearing roads, extracting citizens when they realize everything has been lost, etc.
That being said, who else to help but the armed forces or the national guard?
This warrants military presence in more densely populated areas to help eliminate the undesirables who have gone against the government in spite of their efforts and assist the law-abiding.
After all, what’s the military or police going to do with a criminal when everyone is out having a blast (I suppose literally)?
Put them in a cell with some rest of the city?

The least damaged place, surprisingly, is likely a water-side urban centre, as the only damages which will be suffered is arson and maybe the odd psychopath walking up & down apartments, clearing them out for fun. It’s a waste of resources to attempt to bomb it to reduce the infected population, the buildings are too strong to be able to be brought down by ordinary ordinance, and artillery fire would more than likely strike the side, if not the top of a building instead of the street, the place you actually want to hit.

Everyone can easily be extracted from a water-side urban centre, they just jump onto one of the many boats in large numbers and sail off to an island, if not to a rural town. Then comes the power struggle, if the captain is there, the captain likely immediately obtains identification and recognition as a (if not the) leader.
If it’s a bunch of people trying to jack somebody’s yacht or a dry-docked cargo ship, it either ends in a bloody mess, complete cooperation, or neutrality.
But why boats? Because not only can they be walked to when gridlock (thanks to ignorance of traffic laws) prevents vehicular movement, but oftentimes there are many of them, cargo ships will still be docking even after shit hits the fan if they’re not notified, which means in the moment, there will be many cargo ships which are still going to be in the presence of the city, still picking up survivors.

And of course, what better a way to pick up more bodies than an urban centre? A splinter cell of the military which manages to get its hands on a boat, if the need arises immediately for more members, could come to a densely populated region to easily pick up extra hands. The Coalition likely did this.

Doors of regular people digging in are likely boarded up, anybody in the world could easily pick up boards. Where do you get the boards? From under your bed, of course!
If you don’t have an axe or an object/person capable of splitting, it’s your only choice.

More coming soon, I’m getting a drink.
Somehow I failed to achieve the drink.

Ohhh, right right right! I was talking about killing, wasn’t I?

No matter, let us converse regarding the sanctity of rich neighbourhoods.

I really don’t want to do this right now, why can’t I indulge in one of my hob- you know why.
Hidden for obvious reasons, kept for the memories~!

Richer neighbourhoods would quickly become a target of those wishing to make a quick buck under the radar of the rise in crime which exceeded everybody’s expectations, really makes you lose faith in humanity, right?
Exactly! The rich folk will hang themselves in their homes, because they can’t imagine a world without their average pleasures which they take for granted and we earn through hard work.
Neither can the average citizen, you absolute communistic moron.
A little off-topic from the current matter, but you get the point.

Besides the rich men hanging on the hanging tree, the richer folk would more-than-likely try to dig in to their residence, the rich having strong connections with each other in their neighbourhoods, considering the low number of them, would likely attempt to form a pact (if one of them doesn't want to murder the rest, damn psychotic corporates.) and begin preparing before the point of no return, in which all utilities we enjoy get cut off. which would employ the middle-class residents surrounding the neighbourhood, who move in to seek shelter in a more suitable environment.
I think. I don’t know, do people flock to easily defendable locations which are already set up when they have no resources or any means of survival, really?
Besides sitting in your own home, if the comrades are willing to take you on, it’s worth a shot.
Perhaps literally.

I call it a riot since people will be breaking into everything and stealing anything they want, as well as attacking random people they think might be infected. I call it a riot because of the chaos. Yes, I know that is the incorrect meaning and such but I don’t care.

Anyways so would parts of the city be destroyed from rioting or do you want to have a clean city in the game.
I think most of us agreed on parts of it destroyed.

You might want a pristine city. For what kind of play style, role playing?
Just edit the map in the editor and fix all the damage. Also repairing buildings could be an option in the future.

for the record, no
I want this game to be the next project zomboid if you do genuinely want to know the anwser

Project zomboid has damaged buildings in it.

technically yes

if you start the game normally, you’d know that the game starts after the entire knox county is taken over by zombies with only several survivors left (I know NPCs are not there yet, but read the weekly Thursdroids, they have enough little lore for you to catch on) only if you set it to 6 months later and set erosion to maximum you get overgrown buildings. The only really damaged ones are the houses that spawn burnt down or overgrown over a long time

Project zombiod was a little bit disappointing for me.
It has a lot in it, a lot of good that I would like to see in unturned. But it lacks a lot. There is little variety in clothing, weapons and other things. Meanwhile other things have lots of variety and are very in-depth.
One thing I did like about project zombiod was the BUILDINGS. They had some ware and tear and were big, i felt like I was in a city and not in a village.

the next update is mainly focused on that, google project zomboid and go to their official website, then to the news category

It would colapse if vegetation affected the structure, but since there’s radiation over there, vegetation is not really THE thing.

Vegetation still doesn’t destroy buildings that fast. Also, there is quite a bit of vegetation there. Hell, have you seen the trees growing in the places they are? Those pictures probably are taken during fall or winter. Who knows. I do know that wildlife and vegetation is thriving. So yeah.

1 Like

If any of you have played Metro 2033, you know what I am looking for in terms of destruction.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.