Disable Salvage option for Editor placed barricades/structures?

I’ve considered making pre-existing minefields and wire fences that act as dangerous obstacles survivors have to deal with or avoid in order to explore military bases and such, however the ability to just deconstruct these objects despite not placing them or owning them means you can just take the mines or barbed wire instead of going around them.

I think it would be convenient and easy to add a config.json option to disable barricade and structure salvaging for anything placed in the editor, you can still break it like other breakable objects, but you can’t just pick it up or take the materials from it.

EDIT: I realized an additional problem, and that is the pre-placed barricades and structures not resetting. It would be nice if they reappeared like other destructible objects.

2 Likes

You can salvage them only if you’re server admin, or if you’re playing singleplayer.

Arid implemented this traps concept greatly.

3 Likes

Well if most players were to play a map in Singleplayer then the problem would still persist. I don’t believe the landmines on Arid are made using barricades/structures, last time I took a look into the assets they were resources like trees and such, plus they can’t be salvaged in Singleplayer. I might be wrong though.

1 Like

The landmines are items not resources

2 Likes

they are barricades called “AP Landmine Tan” / “AP Landmine”

4 Likes

this is one of the dat files for one of them and you can see the line named “Unpickupable” makes it so you cant pick them up

3 Likes

I guess you @mops can copy these .dat lines for your map traps?
Screenshot_52

2 Likes

You would need to create custom variants of barricades in order to have them be a permament feature of the maps. You could create overrides of vanilla ones which would be identical in appearance but you could edit the stats to make them a static, irremovable piece of map.

6 Likes

I see thank you all for the replies and clarification.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.