Do you support dynamic/more complex building Destruction?

well, actually only 1 poll for me, but it’s because the players would probably be too lazy to fix everything and it’d require a lot of resources anyway

1 Like

It would require a lot of resources indeed but i dont think the buildings would be very fragile , i imagine they would be as sturdy (if not sturdier) then a player made base and i hope the repair cost would be low enough for people to have a reason to fix the building

Support no durability mechanics either?

In reference to player-made bases that occupy map objects?

It would be very cool if Turned had the ability (and animation) to make their way through larger holes in broken buildings/objects. I’d imagine when creating a model, you could designate a location and direction that zombies could come from.

This is actually really nice, and adds more mobility to zombies. Better pathfinding imo

I think of course zombies should be able to break their way to your if theres absolutely no other way to get to you or etc.

thats why it can be incentivized, aka give you rewards for repairing.

And now that I think about it, building repairs could be a quest given by NPCs of towns or etc! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody said it would require a ton of resources. It could be a few wood, or a lot of complex materials depending on whats being fixed. A floor board would just be some wooden planks, but repairing a lamp pole would cost wood, industrial light-bulbs, some metal, some copper for electricity, and other components possibly.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Do you mean item durability?

I meant anything placed by a player. Apologies, I generalised it with player made base.

Ahdsf haisufh uisa Safari fucking sucks to use Discourse on.

1 Like

A few ideas of mine~

1. If someone hasn’t visited an area with destroyed building is, they will slowly repair themselves (ex. Completely destroyed to mostly destroy, mostly to partially.) they would probably stay as partially destroyed to make it look as if the building was damaged but not destroyed.

2. Damaged influences the structural integrity of a building(so if someone builds a next to unreadable base on the top floor of a skyscraper, you can destroy the first floor to make the skyscraper collapse at least parrially)

3. Perhaps “hives” (which is an idea suggested by other people multiple times) would be setup In a building and the building would be partially repaired from the hive being in there. Or something. I dunnk

2 Likes

Yeah.

why the fuck are you using safari :sweat_smile:

I use Brave, which is like google canary (which is google chrome but way faster) except it has a built-in amazing ad-block, makes all sites https instead of http, and blocks scripts, trackers, so on.

Ah yes.
I think weapons should deteriorate as the player uses it until it is either broken or malfunction all the time. Either way works.

As for suppressors, continuous fire will destroy the suppressor.

Stuck with an iPad atm. I use Firefox with add-ons on my PC because of privacy and ad block concerns, but is functionally inferior to Chromium browsers.

Just a reminder that the current graphics for destruction are basically the same as 3.0, so its not really an improvement so far. Which is sad : (

2 Likes

Persoanlly I’d like to see caliber based holes, proper penetration and visual damage at launch.
Possible proper (partial) destruction latr down the road, but so long as the ground work is done I really don’t need that as a launch feature, much less in the limited-scope beta.

i think this should apply more to bases rather than structures in the map. raiding bases would be more fun and challenging with destruction and physics.

In 3.0 you just shoot a wall and it disappears, or leaves a weird ragdoll. Actual physics based demolition would be very cool.

1 Like

Destruction being added to a building seems like a terrible idea. It could easily abused and would take away the fun of looting towns if buildings and walls were torn down before you got there.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you unless the map would have worn down buildings to begin with and i would like to see that if the action of unturned II takes place like a year or so after unturned I

My only problem with this is how it’s going to translate to low spec gamers.
Combining this with a big open world could have serious performance costs.

2 Likes

I’d say they should definitely add complex building destruction, but they need to be really careful with it as it could be too OP. Also, destroyed structures should be able to regenerate over time.

“they”

20 day old thread got bumped so I’ll pretend it’s new because I’ve never seen it.

Fortnite revolutionized the gaming industry with it’s open world enviourment being 100% destroyable. Every single house can be broken into multiple pieces and even parts and furniture inside the house. No game before that mastered it to the level that Fortnite did.

With Unreal Engine being the mutual engine utilized between Fortnite and Unturned II, I believe if Nelson tries, he can utilize the engine’s open world destructibility to it’s fullest potential.

Well Fortnite is completely destroy-able because the whole premise of building in the game derives from getting resources by breaking everything, and then building whatever and wherever you want.

Unturned wouldn’t really be driven to be so destroy-able for the fact that you’d derive resources, but maybe moreso for combat and immersion.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true, but the point is there wasn’t any other game around that had nearly as efficient and well-programmed open world destructibility like Fortnite did. (Maybe for the exception of Minecraft if we were to compare Minecraft to other games that were around in it’s prime.)

Even Battlefield 4 couldn’t compare despite looking way prettier and Battlefield 4 had really cool looking destructibility.

Battlefield 1, War Thunder, Minecraft, and more

2 Likes