Dragonfang - Nykorev rebalance

Currently the dragonfang completely overshadows the nykorev. The nykorev cant raid and is bad in pvp, whilst the dragonfang enjoyed a buff in pvp power, but still was able to raid. I think the nykorev should be buffed a lot in pvp. Make it similar to the current dragonfang but with a slower firerate but higher damage. This would make it the ideal suppression lmg, with a absolutely gargantuan amount of time needed to empty its drum, making it a premium rifle like the dragonfang is now. The dragonfang should be nerfed in its direct killing potential. Whilst it should keep a high firerate, its damage versus players should be lackluster. It should invest more into a support role, maybe with more ability to destroy trees, barricades and vehicles. tbh at the moment it feels like nelson mixed up the buff between nyk and dfang

2 Likes

The Dragonfang is a military weapon while the Nykorev is it’s ranger counterpart. It makes sense for one to be easier to get- but significantly worse.

As for the Dragonfang to be nerfed in it’s PvP potential, I think it’s fine the way it is because it’s a suppression LMG. It’s not meant to be shooting out peas here.

2 Likes

The nykorev isn’t really easier to get at all. I have no issues with lmgs having such pvp cabilities it just seems wrong that the dragonfang should be both the pvp lmg and the raiding lmg whilst the nykorev should be shafted. the dragonfang at this point is more than a suppression lmg, its more of a premium rifle with an insane damage output at the expense of a small amount of range

1 Like

I think the Nykorev should be able to raid personally.

The Nykorev isn’t ideal for pvp. It should remain as a raid gun like the Dragonfang. It just makes sense for both of them to remain as a raid gun. I thought by changing the ammo type to high caliber ammunition nerfed them enough. And it seems like you can find them as equally as an item (I would have to check there spawn table weights etc to know for sure though).

yea this would work too

1 Like

The nykorev is the perfect zombie killing weapon. Slowish firerate so you dont waste your ammo, low recoil for easy headshots, 99 zombie damage and 200 low cal bullets. It is ideal for doing horde beacons and killing megas. Honestly the only change I think is necessary is maybe lowering the chances of it showing up in mega/horde/airdrops because its kinda common on maps that have ranger areas

its recoil isn’t really what i would consider low when compared to other guns. and you really shouldn’t need a zombie killing weapon considering the power of the melee weapons already

2 Likes

I think it has a big spread. Also it uses high cal (with the update) whcih doesn’t make it ideal as if it used low cal ranger.

its spread isn’t too bad but it seems really bad due to its random recoil. And yes i agree the high cal nerf (if true i cant remember) is a big part in why the gun is really bad atm. It was already bad with the removal of its raiding potential let alone its rarity and cost to maintain due to ammo

1 Like

To clarify:

• The Nykorev takes low cal ranger.
  • The Dragonfang takes high cal military.
  • The Hell’s Fury takes low cal ranger and low cal military.
1 Like

Ah really. Hmm ok I thought it was different for some reason.

yea i was unsure about this. But it doesn’t really change much, the nykorev is so bad at pvp it is unbelievable. its a really rare zube that fires really slow, has less range and has less damage and a really bad recoil problem. The dragonfang is literally a maplestrike on steroids that takes high cal but that doesn’t really matter when it two shot kills most of the time

1 Like

The dragonfang is definitely not a Maplestrike on steroids due to its recoil. I do want to say however, that I am not quite happy with the Nykorev how it is now and would rather use almost any other gun except for the sportshot in its place.

Perhaps the Nykorev could receive a decrease in its recoil since it is a lot less powerful than the dragonfang. I would totes use it then.

I agree with your suggestion, but may i mention that the recoil on the dragonfang really isn’t bad in terms of recoil. It has basically the same recoil vertically (but of course it fires faster so it is at a disadvantage). I can say that mabye i should have compared its recoil to zubek since it is more similar to that since both have some horizontal recoil

1 Like

Personally, I still find it the best weapon for use in turrets, even if it’s rather rubbish outside of it. And with the Dragonfang taking high cal now, it’s definitely not worth placing those in turrets.

Plus, it’s actually less risky now, since people can’t suddenly raid you by stealing your Nykorevs from turrets they destroy. Although, some people just prefer to throw an assault rifle with a Military Drum onto turrets, even though it has less ammo capacity.

1 Like

lets just say the nykorev is the level 1 of the level 5 dragonfang

I agree, but having a gun in the game who’s only use is being in a turret because it is bad is pretty silly

1 Like

Yes the Nykorev is a good gun for sentry guns. But I think it should be restored to its old purpose. Its the counterpart of the Dragonfang so they should be compareable. Same with the Hells’ Fury. They should all be able to raid. That was there purpose. RAID GUNS! I don’t think the Dragonfang is similar to the Maplestrike whatsoever. It is defintely more difficult to use a Dragonfang in pvp than a Maplestrike.

The high cal addition to the Dragonfang does make it less ideal for a sentry weapon (while Nykorev still has that option). But as far as people raiding you and using your raid guns to keep raiding you I think is just apart of the game. I bet yourself along with all the other players have done that lol. Its the player choice to where they keep their loot and raid gear and if they have them in sentries, storage or on their character.

1 Like

Actually, I think both nyko and dfang should be local without raiding ability, and hell’s fury may be the only raiding HMG taking hical or special ammo and dealing low damage