Dropppers things

a little doubt, how do you configure the “drop” of a dropper?
I can export it and the interactions work but it does not drop the item

You messed up with adding the drop properties to the .DAT file. If you check the in-game Error Logs from the main menu, there might have been an error listed there.

The following is incorrect:

Interactability_Drops 2
Interactability_Drop_# 49000

Interactability_Drops is the total number of drops. You have it set to 2, but you only have 1 drop. Either change it to Interactability_Drops 1, or add a second drop.

Interactability_Drop_# is not a property. The # should be a number/index, starting from 0. For example, Interactability_Drop_0 49000 would be correct. If you had two drops, you might do something like this instead:

Interactability_Drops 2
Interactability_Drop_0 49000
Interactability_Drop_1 49001

spawn table works?
I checked it but as other errors talk about collisions in unity I didn’t notice it

and ask how the children “drop” should be put, since in my unity it is empty and if I have to configure something for it

Sorry, I think I may have completely misunderstood what you’re trying to do here. Are you trying to make it so that when you interact with the object, it drops items? Or are you trying to make it spawn an item when destroyed?

If you’re trying to make it so items drop upon interacting with the object, here’s an example of a vanilla object (cash registers) that uses the dropper feature:

Interactability Dropper
Interactability_Delay 60
Interactability_Hint Use
Interactability_Reward_ID 519

The Interactability_Reward_ID should be the ID of a spawntable. In this example, 519 is the Dropper_Money_Small spawntable, which includes four items (Loonie, Toonie, $5 Note, and $10 Note).

49000 was a spawn table, but it doesn’t matter anymore, I already changed it to the id of a normal item

ok, it seems that this side is covered and it seems that it is not the entire problem, it seems that it is something in unity, I will check it and when I see something I will let you know

Make sure the ‘Drop’ child has appropriate tags and layers (same as your object).

Also make sure the ‘Drop’ is present on the ‘Clip’ if you are using it.

1 Like

Does the child drop have to be something empty or is it configured in another way? because it’s something empty, I think that’s it, because the tags are fine, the problem with the .DAT is fixed and I can’t find anything in the log about that and I can’t find the cash register or the vending machine in unity to see.i reload the masterbundle and restart the game, I think I’ll repeat the process to try to see if the problem is something else

In short, it’s a disaster and I don’t know what to do anymore

It should be empty – it’s not a physical object. It’s just the position where items should drop. The “Drop” child should just be attached to your GameObject (not Model_0, like it is in your screenshot).

Here’s an example of how my dropper is setup on Unity 2020.3.34f1:

Here’s how I’ve set up the Dropper interaction for the object in its .DAT file:

Type Medium
ID 20001

Interactability Dropper
Interactability_Delay 5
Interactability_Hint Use
Interactability_Reward_ID 519

Has_Clip_Prefab false

Here’s an image of when I interacted with it in-game (not a video, as it doesn’t really matter):

Now it works, weird because before it didn’t want to work, but thanks for being patient with my lack of understanding and I’m sorry if I frustrated or bothered you with it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.