Earmuffs/ear damage

I would like to see hearing damage in the game, from firing guns (sound becomes slightly more drowned-out, and the player starts to hear a ringing sound/echoing). To combat this, you could upgrade stats (similar to immunity to pain effects, etc), or find earmuffs, to be equipable on the character.

3 Likes

Sorry to say, but that’s way too realistic for unturned.

5 Likes

I would like to see ringing when you are near explosions just as a sound effect, but I dont think it would be a fun or challenging mechanic to go deaf. Gameplay > Realism

5 Likes

At the very least, there should be a tinnitus effect when you stand too close to explosions.

10 Likes

Like the sound you get from a flashbang or grenade explosion, like the other guy mentioned?

3 Likes

yeah, or when firing machine guns and assault rifles, perhaps, the ringing effect, as well as perhaps sound distortion for a bit might be cool

2 Likes

I feel like this mechanic would be incredibly annoying in PVP or even PVE situations…

It makes people actually have a reason to stand back from explosions now.

Though shrapnel should be the main danger with explosions as opposed to the actual shockwave.

5 Likes

As I’ve made a similar suggestion before, I support limited tinnitus mechanics. (explosions, close proximity to un-suppressed gunfire, flash grenades.)
One way to combat this is having ear protection, or a suppressor on your own firearm to help keep your situational awareness. (and suppressors not silencing the weapon, only making it slightly quieter, and preventing the ringing sound)

2 Likes

yeah, it’d only effect you overtime, like your ears wouldn’t start ringing the moment you started using your assault rifle, it’d come overtime.
and yeah, alongside the bit about explosions, it’d be cool if the ground shook a bit, as well as throwing up shrapnel/dirt

2 Likes

Yeah,we should also have cataract when we survive for too long.:neutral_face:

Seriously dude,calm down,this is not S.C.U.M.

interesting

A temporary deafening effect would be cool. (seriously, yesterday someone’s engine backfired and it was loud as ****. It echoed and I couldn’t hear my music for a moment. Music was on low volume)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.