Evacuation Order, Days 2-3: An Unturned Comic

For those who don’t know how to directly view the images, here’s the links:
Page 1: 10:46 AM - 9:49 PM, May 12th, 2005
Page 2: 10:02 PM - 10:42 PM, May 12th, 2005
Page 3: 7:01 AM - 8:50 PM, May 13th, 2005

What even is this? Why did it just... end? Also, what's up with the formatting?

This is planned to be the first installment in a series of comics; unless I get an overwhelmingly negative reaction, that is. It’s set within what we today call the Central United States; although, if that wasn’t clear enough already, things aren’t quite the same. The ending isn’t really meant to be an ending; I plan to continually update this post, or, once I’m done with a new segment of pages, post them in a new topic while linking back to this one. The formatting is, to say the least, tricky; I did the best I could to preserve flow.

Also, I made several errors while producing this: for some reason, I thought that Occurred required only one R throughout half of the pages; in addition to this, for two of the dialogue segments in the first part, Officer Erickson and Officer Klacknee are referred to without their designations.

I don't get it. "May 12th, 2005"? "West-Gov?"

If you make a few assumptions, you can probably piece together what went down. I’m not going to reveal much more then that though; but yes, it is 2005.

That banner looked bad. Like, really bad.

Yeah, I’m aware; it was intentionally supposed to be crappy. The notes and whatnot are made to look like they’re being done with whatever they had around. That, and the main purpose was to serve as a map for non-americans, so they had some idea of where exactly they were headed.

Feel free to criticize any part of this comic, or ask any questions that weren’t already answered!

7 Likes

germany grass #2

12 Likes

:sunglasses:

I want more.

Also, I’m not sure I agree with the date being set at 2005. If this is set, or at least trying to be set, in the Unturned universe, then the date should be more like 2016-2018. In fact, considering how organized everything seems to be at this point (in terms of factions and such), the date should probably be slightly in the future, although the Clerk kinda ruins that idea. Still, 2016-2018 would be more reasonable.

1 Like

There’s a wide range of reasons as to why I chose 2005 as the starting year: narrative freedom, more liberty with the background lore, and a few reasons I have yet to disclose; but, by and large, this is entirely disconnected from the main Unturned canon.

I’m glad you like it, however; making these isn’t as easy as it seems!

1 Like

Yall plebians dont know that most of this was made using the now defunct Utah map

6 Likes

big j eco fuel

The Big J shown in the comic wasn’t in OG Utah, Pondfisher has taken a few creative liberties here and there

I feel like this image really sums up the state of Utah when the boys and I gave up on it

Rom had his UK map, SCP turned out to be an anti-semite, and two other project members have dissapeared from the face of the Earth. It was a fucking mess

1 Like

Kinda sad, it looked promising, but what ever.

3 Likes

It only looked promising because the only pictures coming out were the 3 good ones lmao

The rest of the map was creative style mistmatch hell, poorly planned roads, and fully detailed cities before the terrain around them is even finished.

Yeah that does sound like a mess, do you still have it’s files? I’d like to take a look at it.

Yeah, they’re still intact, but you should probably talk to Rom about it since he did something relating to our benefactors (it’s out of my control, mister Freeman)

1 Like

Alright, I’ll hunt him down then. Till next time Irradiated Corn

Unity Update probably screwed everything over

Yeah that too, Pond wasnt able to see any of the objects :((((((

1 Like

maybe in another universe Utah had a functioning team that finished the map, just maybe.

The Utah Dream Team consisted of a nazi who thought compound objects were good, a polish man who never even spoke on the server, a guy who held up development so he could work on NPCs (THAT HE NEVER DELIVERED) someone that we brought aboard just so they wouldnt leak all our assets, (who also did no work) a man who was working on a quite epic map, Azz, and me

1 word: hell

the pinned messages also sum it up quite nicely

bruh moment warning

3 Likes

bruh

salt lake city be like:

5 Likes