Even more in-depth sniping

For me everyone was angry in the chat saying that it was bad, for the first day but this is not the topic of this

Yep.(10 characters)

As long as the mechanics are consistent it would be really cool. You could probably also have tools that tell you the wind speed to account for it. The harder it is to snipe the better imo because it increases the skill cap

2 Likes

I agree with you but idk what items would help you tell the speed of the wind
(Edit) i found someting about it on internet. https://www.quora.com/How-do-snipers-calculate-wind

1 Like

I am envisioning it as a bad makeshift one that gives you an estimate and then a accurate military one that tells you exactly how much wind there is. It shouldnt totally effect your shots, assuming there isnt a range cap like in 3.0 so you should be able to hit close (300m) shots most of the time

2 Likes

second fisic laws a body in moviment have tendency to continue in moviment the response is yes you need recalculate!!

2 Likes

Just saying, wind isnā€™t constant. It can be blowing one direction in one place, and in a different direction in another. Also buildings change the flow of wind. Your only gauge on wind direction and speed would be watching the trees, grass, foliage, and waves on the water to figure out the wind pattern. Not to mention there are updrafts and downdrafts as well.

Overall, wind is pretty complicated and really depends on how good the weather system is gonna be in Unturned 2.

2 Likes

You should be able to equip a rag or something like a wind sock to hold out in front of you.

wind is more complicated than that. 20 feet (@Mr.Snowy 6 meters) in front of you it may not be blowing, or it may be blowing harder, or the other direction.

1 Like

I mean for measuring wind direction.

There is a huge diference from 20 feet to 20 meters man

1 Like

Your point? I never said they were the same.

1 Like
  • hey look, donā€™t we just love 3.0ā€™s current bullet drop mechanics?
  • how about we add sideways bulletdrop
    oof
2 Likes

My point is that i said the distance in meteters and you in feet

1 Like

Obviously bullet drop wont be as horrendous as in 4, and hopefully there isnt a range cap

1 Like

Your point is null and void then, because I was talking to RedComm.

If it makes you warm and fuzzy, I edited it for you to show the distance in meters. There, now shut up about it.

1 Like

How was i supposed to know you were talking to hit, i made a post that was talking about the exact same thing so i thouth you were talking to me
And i gave the exact example but in meters

1 Like

cause his comment was right above mine? dunno. How do I know that youā€™re talking to someone else and not commenting on your original post? Probably because thereā€™s a comment right above.

1 Like

Where the comment is doesnā€™t have anyting to do with this

1 Like

Who was @Mr.Snowyā€™s previous comment (the one right above this one) responding to? I know itā€™s right below UltimateCatTreeā€™s comment, but that doesnā€™t have anything to do with this so Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s trying to start a conversation with me about something completely asinine.

2 Likes