Experience barriers on planes and tanks

If your character is a chef for example, how come he can board an airoplane and fly like a pro, or drive and operate a military grade tank. I think there should be incapabilites for starter players much like the crafting skills (cannot craft certain things with low skills). Mainly focused on vehicles but this barrier should be with a lot of things. A player would need to find a book about aircraft piloting and then he would be able to operate the plane, but have slow response and limited control. Also like in project zombie and some other games “traits” would affect driving, i think a trait like “can’t drive” would be cool, and the player would have to learn in game.

1 Like

this would kinda ruin the fun a little bit, not being able to fly a chopper or drive a tank as a farmer or whatever.

5 Likes

I think it would make more sense if the player could control any vehicle by default, but with poorer control, such as slower gear shifting times, and generally poorer reaction times where the inertia of the vehicle becomes exaggerated.

Vehicle operation skills would simply get better by driving a lot, and while books would help, they shouldn’t be a gateway item.

12 Likes

Also less experienced drivers could use more gas and the car could get a lot of damage for hitting stuff speed limitation and harder to start the engine.While people whit hire driving skill get the opposite.

Why would cars take more damage because you’re new to driving? You can drive your entire life and still total your car.

1 Like

I definitely think it would be cool for Nelson to add more distinction between the character classes. I don’t think it should take away from the player’s base playing experience though, perhaps it just makes a few exceptions. Like the chef knows how to cook with more efficiency (i definitely think wait-time cooking should be added) or that a mechanic can take tires off faster. But these skills can be learned for every player through skill tiers.

I’ve been throwing this everywhere lately, but I think you might really like the in-depth Skill System Overhaul that I had made a while back. It takes a very layered approach to skills specifically without using skillsets, universal experience, or anything that could be exploited easily.

That said, I’m totally fine with very passive specializations of specific player types, but it would have to be balanced to a tee.

1 Like

I just have to say this real quick, you’re really good at creating music GHJ, Like REALLY good.

I dunno, I don’t have anything to say about this post.

1 Like

Someone new to driving could easier damage the engine or suspensions.

Flight experience would be a trait farmers could have crop dusters or bearding helicopters, which are common in Australia.

I’m currently living in Australia, haha. But yeah, you have a point. I still don’t think this should be a thing though.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.