Fix kill volumes inside boulders

The last update notes from 3.23.11.0 said “Placed kill volumes inside some vanilla boulders”.

I joined my map and now some of vanilla boulders I’m using are killing me because of the kill volume, my guess is that i reduced the size of the boulder but the kill volume didn’t reduce proportionaly, so the kill volume is bigger than the boulder. Please fix this, I love my map. :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry about that! Is your map on the workshop, and if so can you send the link please along with the location you are getting killed? I’ll check if the kill volume is protruding from the boulder or what happened.

1 Like

I have the same thing.

1 Like

I do not know what to do, whether to go rearrange the stones on the whole map in their original size or leave it as it is and wait for some fix?

Sorry about this, it’s been reverted now in the .1 patch. The problem was that some of the volumes in the boulders were spheres and capsules which can’t be non-uniformly scaled. Unfortunately this didn’t come up in testing because on vanilla maps the boulders were always uniformly scaled, whereas on many custom maps boulders are scaled on a single axis to better fit a surface or for visual variety. (which is perfectly reasonable, my bad for not thinking about this side effect)

5 Likes

Thank you so much for that. If you still want the map to take a look, reply me and i will send you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.