Foraging and related items

More things to harvest. Make wilderness great again by making it worthwhile to explore for resources instead of just for wood.

Objects for harvesting

Vegetation

• Cotton Plant = 1 Cotton
  • Shrub = 3-4 Sticks
  • Berry Bush = 2-3 Berries (Type depends on bush)
  • Trees = 4-7 Logs, 3-5 Sticks, 0-1 Branch

Rocky objects

• Rock = 1 Rock (Initially acts like a generated object, harvest to turn it into an item)
  • Boulder = 4-6 Rocks
  • Metallic Boulder = 1-3 Metal Ore, 2-3 Rocks

New and returning items

Returning:

• Rock - From the ground or boulders. Used to make stone bricks and other miscellaneous items.
  • Branch - Rarely from trees. Can be used to make 3 sticks or a makeshift spear
  • Original wooden items - No more birch/maple/pine! Just plain wood because salvaging in 3.x always uses maple, so no need for extra complicated wood types). Also because no one bothered to add more wood types especially with Palm Trees in Hawaii using maple as its wood

New:

• Cotton - From cotton plants. Need 2 to make 1 cloth
  • Metal Ore - From metallic boulders. Can be melted to make refined metal
  • Stone Bricks - Crafted from 2 rocks. Replaces Bricks from 3.X. Used to make stone building components

New tools:

• Makeshift Axe - Crafted from 2 sticks + 1 rock + 1 rope (3 cloth). Weak chopping tool but atleast can get the job done.
  • Tomahawk - Found rarely in military locations. While it has the second weakest chopping damage, it swings faster and is pretty light-weight
  • Stone - Made from a rock. Just a refurbished rock made as a weapon for smashing people.
  • Makeshift Spear - Made from a Branch. A long-range thrusting weapon good for early game.

New clothing

• Leather clothing
    • Cap
    • Backpack
    • Jacket
    • Belt
    • Sling
    • Gloves
    • Pants
    • Shoes
  • Cloth clothing
    • Bandana (Hat/neck)
    • Shirt
    • Pants
8 Likes

Why would a berry bush give you 3 different types of berries? Also why would a tomahawk be only on military locations? You can literally buy them from Walmart (no joke).

1 Like

4.X will allow making new variants of wood to be much easier, than 3.X, so I don’t think there needs to only be one.
Also I prefer the name sling from the Devlog over shoulder strap.
As for the rest, it mostly depends on how crafting works in 4.X.

Feels like I have read a rust’ item list

1 Like

Eyy add a hatchet plot xd

Great points, hope these will be things in 4.x.

I probably think he means one of these tomahawks, they are more of a modern version of them and military often uses these kinds of melee weapons.

Well, in the US you can also buy guns at Walmarts, but you don’t see Nelson doing that.

It’s a Canadian game by a Canadian dev, and from our standpoint a tactical tomahawk can only be acquired through the military.

Correction: They actually drop birch.

1 Like

Tactical style axes are available to Canadian civilians.

They are?

Well then, sign me up /s

An addition to the leather clothing.

• Sidearm holster

Literally just as I thought of this, I came up with this new idea. Since percentage buffs and debuffs are being added into a larger scale in 4.x. I thought it would actually be pretty neat to have a buff/debuff for when you unholster or equip your secondary sidearm (pistols/revolvers etc).

So… Say you are wearing some jeans you have your sidearm tucked into the pants. It would take longer for you to pull the sidearm out compared to if you had a holster.

1 Like

That’s…pretty much what the plan has been regarding holsters

Sorry I mean berry bushes give certain types upon harvesting, not 3 different ones at the same time.

Also, alot of items can be found in many places in real life but they were only restricted in certain places for a reason

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.