Aside from some bug fixes and internal spring-cleaning, the main thing with this forum update is the introduction of a knowledge base (KB) article on ban inquiries, and an update to the Terms of Service. These are both linked a bit down below.
In brief, the change to the Terms of Service should have no effect on any current (or future) users of the site. It removed a redundant, unutilized, “Translations” clause.
Ban inquiries are an incredibly common question (both on the SDG Forum, and off-site such as through our SDG emails). I’m hoping that a brief, public article that discusses the two main types of bans will help direct people in the correct direction.
I am obligated to inform the active users of this forum that the Terms of Service have been updated. As such, I will detail the change below.
Fixed an issue that caused the Table of Contents (not the actual Terms of Service) to incorrectly title the “Translation” clause as “Disputes”.
Deleted the “Translation” clause in its entirety, due to a extreme lack of relevance.
Updated the “last updated” dates.
The now-removed Translation clause had stated the following:
These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
We have no intentions on translating these terms into other languages in the foreseeable future. As such, this section is wholly redundant, and keeping it would only serve to further make reading the Terms of Service a hassle. So, the clause has been removed.
Due to the fact that these terms only exist in one language (English), the removal of this clause does not affect any current or future users.
- Added a KB article for Ban Inquiries.
- Updated published pages to include a navigation section for KB articles.
- Active page is bolded in the navigation section of published pages.
- Updated the canned reply for BattlEye ban inquiries that is made optionally available to staff when responding to such inquiries to be more informative and helpful.
- Added an equivalent optional canned reply for VAC ban inquiries.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Ignore feature from functioning as expected.
- Fixed a bug with null bookmarks.
- Security fixes.
- Bug fixes for third-party plugins and and theme components.
- Removed an unused third-party plugin for KB articles.
- Removed unused files / redundant packages.