Freezing to death QOL suggestions

Currently how cold is handled in Yukon is kind of janky, it would be nice if maps that supported freezing had a temperature bar or something so it could be more easily read what state the character is in.

also buff the heat stim significantly. its actually worthless. make it 1 slot and last way longer as well as let you cook while its active as its like the worst item in the game by a significant margin even on maps its intended for and this buff would make it barely useable though still niche.

2 Likes

Heatstim cook? No. But making it 1-slot would boost its value. Still, freezing in Unturned is stupid. You only have four conditions - in building; warming up; cooling down; freezing. You don’t get anything inbetween. Basically reset the status by spending 0.001 second by the campfire and you can roam the frozen wastelands for 5 minutes again.

With that said, Yukon still is the best map.

4 Likes

pretty sure in real life they can be used for cooking, though maybe im confusing it with a different similar thing

it definitely for sure needs to last longer though, I think that’s the most important change it could get

Yukon is my favorite map and whenever I saw a heat stim id just leave it no matter what point of progression I was at, it was never ever worth it to pick up

2 Likes

Yeah, heatstim is borderline useless even when you just spawned in. You don’t have enough movement skills to run away/you are looting the houses so it is not a problem.
When you already have some loot it’s probably easier to place a campfire.
And by the time you are mostly set, there is plenty of campfires spread around the map. At that point only reason to max Warmblooded is so that I can think less about eating.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.