Game version image style switching, and filters

At present, the unchanged version is the 3.24.4.1 version after the 10th anniversary update, which has achieved great optimization in various aspects of image optimization vehicles. However, during this 10th anniversary commemoration, we feel unfamiliar and strange with those new skins. Many people do not know that this is an old version of the 2.0 version skin. The version we players are currently playing is the latest version, but we cannot review the appearance of previous versions through the official channels of the latest version, which is difficult for most people to remember. Therefore, my suggestion for creating this theme is to add retro filters and retro image processing to the current version, so that players can enjoy the game graphics and experience of 2.0 or even 1.0 version in the current version. Three options should be added to the game: sound and image filters, Players can choose their preferred version style, screen filters, game sound, and zombie movements through these three options. This allows many new players to understand the past development of the game and what the model looks like. Everyone can choose different style versions to play on a server, which makes the game more free and does not abstractly review what the unchanged version looked like ten years ago with words. Instead, players can immerse themselves in the original version and play the new version of the game, which will bring a different experience to many people.

Or you could just use the beta branch instead of very possibly bricking the game.

1 Like

I agree that would be really cool! It reminds me of the Diablo 3 Darkening of Tristram event or how in the Halo Master Chief Collection you could toggle between old and new.

Unfortunately, this would be a huge undertaking to implement as a filter/toggle in 3, but there is a really cool recreation of 2.2.5’s PEI by _gun and nodvS on the workshop: Steam Workshop::Unturned Classic: 2.2.5 PEI

We featured it for the 10 year anniversary for reasons similar to your post.

Maybe someday we could set up separate apps on Steam for “antique” and “classic” versions rather than beta branches. Not sure how Valve would feel about that.

4 Likes

Wow, yes Nielsen. It would be really cool if one day I could switch between the latest version without having to specifically play the previous version, but there is a lot of work to be done, When the unconverted version was still running on Roblox, I didn’t know that this game had too many unknowns compared to previous versions. That’s why I came up with this suggestion, which is also my wish thank you。

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.