Gas mask types

This is not about how gasmasks work in general. If you have any ideas about how one of these specific ones should work, comment below.

#1: Construction mask.

This would only protect a little bit and I think it should act like the diving mask, but for radiation. It would still degrade, and it would degrade quickly, like 45 seconds or so. Found in contructions sites, hardware stores.

#2: Respirator

I guess this would just be a better construction mask. It would have a pretty kind of slow radiation drop, faster degration, but would still use filters (ie I mean the filter degrades). Found in contructions sites, hardware stores.

#3 Antique Mask

This would be found in museums, and have no radiation drop but the filters would go by quick. Slower than the Respirator though. The filter would also have to be found on muesum areas as well.

#4 Modern Mask

(Yes, this image is of an airsoft mask). I guess, basically like the gasmask we already have.

#5 Scorpion 7 radiation suit

This would have no filters, but a slowish degrade on the whole suit. These could be stackable up to two, but should take up like, the size of your hands slot so…5 by 4. They would be extremely rare and be the best option. Spawns in scorp 7 areas.

*Note, the degration only happens to these in a deadzone, or toxic area. All the masks except for the rad suit and construction mask have separate filters for each.

22 Likes

I approve

(10 char limit)

2 Likes

I love it.

Also, How about makeshift gas masks? (Just 25-30 seconds, no filters, just for one use, for example to take just one item or just for travelling) Not like that image XD, something more beautiful I guess.

67fbf4ec8cae86ce05e9d108e6f4e1fc

10 Likes

I aM bOTTLE mASK

4 Likes

So like taking the construction mask and other stuff to make a makeshift one? Sure. Would it place like, between the respirator and the construct. mask?

2 Likes

Exactly. Also, the gas-mask glass: An overlay for the different masks, this means that with the Respirator you can see perfectly, but with the anitque mask, maybe the glass is a little bit dirty with dust or something, and with the construction mask, modern mask and the radiation suit, you just have something like this:

With rain drops , maybe the blood stains your mask and with the light reflections.

6 Likes

why would the construction mask have glass? it is a piece of fuzzy paper that goes around your mouth:

1 Like

I thought it would include the glasses stock-photo-construction-worker-wearing-protective-mask-in-attic-216570145

I’d actually want something like that image

4 Likes

Gonna post two old suggestions off reddit that I think could greatly expand upon this.

1 Like

Gas masks are a big part of any post apocalyptic survival game,so you idea is pretty neat.

1 Like

Okay. (10 characters)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.